Are you eating on schedule or when you're hungry?

I'm really wondering and also,what works the best for you?

If there's a similar topic,it would be nice if you posted it here.

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Schedule in the week. When I'm hungry at the weekend due to getting up later and probably being busy.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    I follow my body's cues and eat when actually hungry :)
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    I do a little bit of both. For the most part, I eat when I'm hungry, but if I get hungry soon after my last snack or meal, I try to put it off a bit (I.e. if I get hungry not too long after breakfast, I try to put it off until at least 11:00 or noon). I won't eat meals before a certain time (like noon for lunch or 5:00 for dinner) in order to space out my calories and not eat them all at once, but if I'm not really hungry when that time comes around I'll wait until I am.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Im eating on schedule like the days or the time :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I do both. I usually eat when I'm hungry. But if I'm going to a movie or doing something with friends, I'll eat first (or after) or pretty much when everyone else does.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    During the workweek I plan to eat on schedule but am a bit flexible. I have breakfast 7:30a, and then plan snack around 10a but will eat it a little earlier or later depending on if I am hungry. I plan to eat lunch around 12:30 but maybe a little earlier or later. Snack a couple hours later and dinner a few hours later. The weekends are all over the place. I tend to have bigger meals and less snacks on the weekend.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Schedule. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    At work, I eat on a schedule. At home, I generally eat when I'm hungry.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    I'm not good with schedules. I eat when I am hungry.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    I prefer to eat when hungry, though I have times I try and reach before eating lunch and dinner so I space my calories out.
    However, I am often working round the food schedules of the other people in the house so I often eat when they do, and try to work snacks round that.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I eat when I'm hungry but I usually start eating later in the morning, as in I wait to be hungry. I don't usually get hungry for breakfast until about 9-10am so that's when I eat it. Lunch can be anywhere from 12-3, but dinner is usually 6pm because I have young kids who are in bed by 7:30-8:00. If I had a late lunch sometimes I have a tiny dinner and save my calories for snacking after.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    I don't think there is any point in eating unless one feels a bit of hunger, so my way of controlling what can be controlled is to start by listening to what size my breakfast should be to keep me fine until lunch without becoming drowsy from having eaten too much. Then my lunch should keep me going until afternoon, when a small snack could be eaten if I start feeling cranky. And again dinner should be small enough to allow me some activities in the evening, without falling asleep. So, lots of mindfulness on many levels, and a significant part is to distinguish between thirst and hunger, as well. This of course is the ideal situation, which has sometimes dramatic deviations in the unfortunate direction, hence my membership here.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    I eat on schedule. Meal timing is a huge component to diet adherence for me.
  • Schedule or I overeat.
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Schedule or I overeat.

Same with me. I do well on the weekdays but weekends I tend to struggle.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Mostly by cues.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    It has to be scheduled in, just like everything else. I'm never hungry, though, so it works just fine for me.
  • gpdaddy59
    gpdaddy59 Posts: 5
    Schedule definitely works better for me. It keeps me on a routine and supports the whole discipline thing.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    My friends laugh at me because I always tell them "I'm on a feeding schedule" like a baby! I find that eating at scheduled time, it keeps me from being so overly hungry that I want to eat everythign in sight and I'm able to more accuratly decide when I'm full.

Breakfast 6:00am
    Snack 10-10:30
    Lunch Noon
    Snack 3-3:30
    Dinner 6:00

Then depending on what work out I did that day and if I have extra calories I will sometimes have a low cal fudge bar.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Usually when I'm hungry. But sometimes when I make food for my kids (with their never-ending appetites) I eat because seeing their food kickstarts my cravings.