Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Reduced calorie allocation!!

I changed my goal weight to 3lbs higher than previously, but my calorie allocation was Reduced!! I'm confused. I tried putting it back, but it made no difference. Has anyone had the same thing happen?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,838 Member
    Your calorie allocation goes down as your weight goes down and as your age goes up so if either of those has changed since you last calculated, there's your explanation. Goal weight shouldn't be changing your allocation.
  • Thank you. I have lost 11lbs altogether, but the allocation didn't change until I changed my goal Weight. I hadn't realised that would happen, I won't be making any more changes!!
  • xPia
    xPia Posts: 19 Member
    You've likely lost weight since the last time you updated your goals. In order to continue losing at the same pace you need to take in fewer calories and your daily goals will have been automatically changed to reflect this.

If you were losing weight at the previous allocation you can always manually change the calorie goals back.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I lost 50 cals on my last birthday!!
  • lorrpb wrote: »
    I lost 50 cals on my last birthday!!

What a bummer of a day to lose them! :/