Tuna

Options
13»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use 2-3 tablespoons of low calorie mayo and add sweet relish, a lot of green apples (chopped finely) and parsley to a small can of tuna. I don't like mustard or spicy tuna. Over time I have gotten used to less mayo. Personally I don't like the texture of flavor of the other options. I use it to make two sandwiches.

Tuna salad with chopped green apple is yummy! Chopped red pepper, relish, and celery is nice too. I like Hellman's Light, the fat free versions aren't creamy. They kind of disappear.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When I choose to have tuna, I add a teaspoon of black pepper for flavor, and I've also added a teaspoon of turmeric just because. The point it, it changes the flavor impact of the tuna and that's what I want to happen.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sabra makes a premade guacamole in the refrigerator section that's called garden vegetable (or similar). It's the perfect quantity and spice level to mix with one packet of tuna. Each container is about 80 cals. It's good.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use tomato purée and then add diced pickles, red pepper, red onion and sweet corn. I call it my “tuna crunch” and it is delicious in baked sweet potatoes!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I like lite best foods mayo, also canned chicken breast has less calories than tuna. You can add chives, mustard, onions, Parmesan cheese etc
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Kraft mayo with Avocado oil...good stuff.
    45 Cal a serving
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse brand yogurt based dressings, if they're available in your area, are delicious and very lo-cal.