Strength Training exercises

I have been using the Cardio HIIT Trainer now for about 2 months. I feel a lot more energetic and little slimmer. I know I am doing plain cardio for 30 minutes daily. But I also know this exercise machine includes High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) incorporated into the workout.

I am not sure if by doing just cardio I will also lose muscle along with fat. But I know by strength training, I can build some muscle which will use my energy for me to lose more fat.

Here I am contacting you to help me find some strength training exercises I can do from home without big equipment and that will not take too much time as I am caring for a small baby alongside. I mainly need to work on my tummy and upper arms.

Thank you so much!!

Replies

• Buy some dumbbells and work with those. As for your abdominals remember that diet is the real way to get abs.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I work out with light dumbbells mostly. My 'core' exercises are mainly bodyweight. All I need is a mat and stability ball. At present, I do bicycle crunches (switching slowly to dead bugs), modified jackknifes on a stability ball, and planks. Bird-dogs are good, too. But a number of upper body exercises (e.g. triceps kickbacks) also tell me to tighten my abs, so I suspect that in an 'every little bit helps' sense, there's some benefit, too, even if it's not strictly speaking part of my core workout.

For upper arms, I do half-push-ups on a cardio step (another one where I'm told to keep my abs tight), biceps 21s, and triceps kickbacks. I also do front and side shoulder raises, which work the deltoids.