800 calories a day for a week

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    No, but the issue is getting in enough calories to fulfill optimal nutrients and macros. I've done dieting where I was way off for a couple of days. I had really "wimpy" workouts those days myself. Anyway, short term shouldn't do much or any harm at all, but don't expect a lot of fat loss if that's why you're doing it. Fat takes time to lose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    So really you went on a crash diet. I would think as a nurse you would know 10lbs in 5days is not good, and this is not how you usually eat, or you would not be trying to lose weight. Eat your 1200 which is probably to low anyway, but we don't know your stats.
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    no, starvation mode is a myth....check out Lyle Mcdonald's fat loss plan. It is about 800 calories but high protein to maintain muscle. I haven't tried it because I tend to binge eat, and I know if I eat that low of calories it's only a matter of time before I binge and completely ruin that caloric deficit I created while eating 800 calories.
  • lherrera612
    lherrera612 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs in 5 days and i take a water pill have been for a while now so I know its from the low cal intake. Its not like I'm going to continue 800 cal a day I want to stay heathly and being a nurse I definitely know how to do it!!

Apparently not. Because if you did know, you'd never have started doing this to yourself in the first place. :(
  • batters1964
    batters1964 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eek. If I were a patient I would far rather the nurse looking after me had eaten well earlier in the day than was part way through what really amounts to a crash diet!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in 5 days? Are you aiming to get gallstones?
This discussion has been closed.