maintaining and gain after bariatric surgery

im five years post op and maintained 152-157 for the last couple of years. i know stress can really do a number on your weight, and the past year has been extremely stressful. ive put on 15 lbs and need some suggestions and motivation to get it back off.

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    I had the bypass 6 years ago and by the end of last year, I'd regained 41 of the 140lbs I lost. Think of the struggles you faced before and of the huge step you took to get healthy. It's so easy to lose control, you are stronger than your struggles and you can win this battle against yourself. I refused to keep that weight on, to settle for less and it was hard with through exercise and tracking my calories with this app, I lost that 41 lbs and am so glad. I feel successful and like I can do anything. I know you can do it, I believe in you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    im five years post op and maintained 152-157 for the last couple of years. i know stress can really do a number on your weight, and the past year has been extremely stressful. ive put on 15 lbs and need some suggestions and motivation to get it back off.

eat less
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Why do you want to drop the 15 lbs you gained back? THAT is your motivation. You already know how to lose, I assume you had to lose weight in addition to the surgery.
    Set up your stats in MFP, set lifestyle to sedentary, goal to .5 lb loss per week, and see what it gives you for calories. Weigh and log your food, log your exercise. Eat back half your exercise cals.
    If you don't know how to weigh your food and count calories, you can read the sticky posts in the General Weight Loss forum where this is explained in detail.