Has anyone ever had this?

Options
So when I stand up and am walking my vision goes completely black and slowly returns back to normal. I went to the doctor to get this checked, he checked my blood pressure when standing and sitting and it was all okay. I've been dieting for about 3 months. I eat atleast 1,200 calories a day which my doctor approved. And it recently just started about 2 weeks ago. My doctor didn't know what it is, so he told me to eat every two hours just in case it was my blood sugar, which was 68. Which is really low but it's been really low since I started so that couldn't be causing it. But I've been eating every two hours. Anyone else experience this and have an answer?

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I've been eating every two hours and it still goes on. I tried eating more sugar as well, that didn't help.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I eat a lot of salt. All my blood work and vitamins came back as normal.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    My normal meal consists of vegetables proteins and a type of carb such as rice or pasta.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    How to you get checked for that?
    He did a full body exam I don't know if there's a special thing he has to use
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    In your last thread you said you were having trouble eating 1200 even though MFP told you to eat 1600.
    Are you eating more yet?
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I eat atleast 1200. My calorie stats changed to 1,200 as I fixed my weight and goal. I eat more because I've had to eat every two hours a snack. I did have trouble with eating all of those but I added more touches to the snacks and meals I was having. Such as olive oil and such. My doctor approved of 1,200 I'm pretty sedentary.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    He was gonna order an MRA which they look at your veins and he said it could be that the enlarged cancerous lymph node I have in my neck is blocking off some of the oxygen and blood flow to my brain but I've had this in my neck for months so it wouldn't just start affecting it now. So he told me to eat every two hours to see if that helps
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has ever experienced this in a diet before
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I doubt we will be able to add anything a doctor hasn't in this area. That being said, those symptoms sound similar to what some people experience with a really low resting heart rate, because it takes the heart a second to pump the blood back up to your head when you stand up. But alas, I assume your doctor would have picked up on that.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    It's on the front of my neck. I didn't know if it would be related with the diet or not