Freezing after a workout.

Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to all of this. I've been working out 6 days a week for a little over 3 months, lately I've been freezing after each work out. I'm talking shivering, goosebumps, turning purple, and it takes forever for me to warm back up.

I get out of my sweaty clothes immediately. That's the only thing I can think of.

Any tips?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    People seem to get that from overexercising or from not eating enough. Do you think either of those apply to you?
  • BigNorthernBear
    BigNorthernBear Posts: 21 Member
    Are you eating your exercise calories back? Also cold enough to be shivering seems more than just metabolic slowdown and may be something to discuss with your doctor.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2017
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    I can have that after a morning bike ride, even if it is not that cold. Sometimes I will get the chills when I am dehydrated, too.
  • lisa_swims
    lisa_swims Posts: 37 Member
    Try gatorade see if that helps.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,730 Member
    I used to have issues when I was hiking. It seemed like sometimes my metabolism just slowed down so much after a hike that I would get really cold, even in summer. It was a problem only when backpacking, since I got somewhat hypothermic a couple of times, to a dangerous point twice. Usually I would be okay if I changed into dry clothes right away. If not, food would heat up my internal fires. Hot food worked better than cold, but even a cookie or two would usually stop my shivering. I didn't backpack alone, so I had backup the times I got hypothermic. I haven't had the same issues as a runner, though I do get a bit chilled sometimes if I have to drive home in damp clothes. It has never been a problem though.
  • mreichard
    mreichard Posts: 235 Member
    This happens to me. A really hot shower helps me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    That happens to me any time I exercise in temps below about 15C.

Hot showers can help ... otherwise I just bundle up in fleece and wool, and drink hot tea, until I finally warm up.