Keto, anyone?

Options

Replies

• Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    ohh and one more getting started tip: Don't let people scare you about keto flu. It's not that bad and for many didn't happen at all. It's a real thing, but not everyone experiences it. Take a good quality multi vitamin, drink plenty of water, keep your salt intake up and if you get a headache, take a Tylenol and keep it moving. =0) Best of luck to all of the newbies
  • ikeandmike1212
    ikeandmike1212 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Goal179 wrote: »
    ohh and one more getting started tip: Don't let people scare you about keto flu. It's not that bad and for many didn't happen at all. It's a real thing, but not everyone experiences it. Take a good quality multi vitamin, drink plenty of water, keep your salt intake up and if you get a headache, take a Tylenol and keep it moving. =0) Best of luck to all of the newbies

Isn't it funny how people speak against something because THEY don't want to make any changes...asking you what you're doing ('cause it's starting to look good) and immediately telling you how it won't work for them?

Personally, I feel a sense of freedom that with just a bit of research, I found a true "health intervention" that works and it doesn't involve any of the expensive weight loss programs or surgery.

If you keep doing what you've been doing, you'll always have what always you had.
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options
    Good morning!!

For those of you who are on a quest for information, here's a graphic about the health benefits of coconut oil that maybe helpful;

tpxpra4ia6um.jpg
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options
    Here's another one:

0xarnrtdyesh.jpg

• ikeandmike1212
    Options
    Good morning,

In a short time frame, we have exchanged a lot of information. However, as this is an introductory spot, let's move to message boards..."Keto, Anyone II. See you there! ;)
  • lorimarie406
    lorimarie406 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I am brand new to keto and MFP. I have been following a keto diet for 8 days. I already feel better and my clothes are fitting looser. I am looking to add friends to my journey and have sent many of you friend requests. If I have not gotten to you please feel free to add me :) I need all the help I can get. None of my friends or family is on board with me and I need to continue. Thanks
  • nickibeard3
    nickibeard3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried Keto a few months ago and was dropping the weight almost at a lb per day. But I could not keep up with all of the extra and just got discouraged. I wish there were a way to get back in the game and stay there! I am now focusing on low carb, starting again this past Monday, and also doing 21 Day Fix on Beachbody on Demand. Any advice would be great as far as Keto. I am about 120 overweight and a mother of 3 ages 10m to 8yrs...I need this weight GONE!
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options
    I tried Keto a few months ago and was dropping the weight almost at a lb per day. But I could not keep up with all of the extra and just got discouraged. I wish there were a way to get back in the game and stay there! I am now focusing on low carb, starting again this past Monday, and also doing 21 Day Fix on Beachbody on Demand. Any advice would be great as far as Keto. I am about 120 overweight and a mother of 3 ages 10m to 8yrs...I need this weight GONE!

Visit us over at Keto, Anyone? II
  • jariboo
    jariboo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ikeandmike1, Wow, you are a both a great inspiration and a source of knowledge! Thank you so much for sharing your heartfelt story and your wisdom. I have just renewed my commitment to reach my weight loss and healthy living goals.l I am researching and starting Keto today, so I truly appreciate the information you have provided. I believe I will be successful at reaching my goals this time, with the help MFP and its great community of others with similar goals, I am very inspired and more determined. I believe I am experiencing food allergies because shortly after I eat I look 9 months pregnant then it returns to my normal 7 months size ;). That is why I am starting Keto and intermittent fasting. I working to avoid the diet based health problems that are in my family. I have been blessed to only have the weight and none of the illnesses, but I also know that I can ruin this blessing if I don't quickly change my diet. So, here I am! I will be following you, your great advice, and your wealth of knowledge and experience. I would be so grateful if you would be my Keto mentor, please? I am grateful to have you as my fitness pal. Best wishes to you on all of your endeavors. :)
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options
    jariboo wrote: »
    ikeandmike1, Wow, you are a both a great inspiration and a source of knowledge! Thank you so much for sharing your heartfelt story and your wisdom. I have just renewed my commitment to reach my weight loss and healthy living goals.l I am researching and starting Keto today, so I truly appreciate the information you have provided. I believe I will be successful at reaching my goals this time, with the help MFP and its great community of others with similar goals, I am very inspired and more determined. I believe I am experiencing food allergies because shortly after I eat I look 9 months pregnant then it returns to my normal 7 months size ;). That is why I am starting Keto and intermittent fasting. I working to avoid the diet based health problems that are in my family. I have been blessed to only have the weight and none of the illnesses, but I also know that I can ruin this blessing if I don't quickly change my diet. So, here I am! I will be following you, your great advice, and your wealth of knowledge and experience. I would be so grateful if you would be my Keto mentor, please? I am grateful to have you as my fitness pal. Best wishes to you on all of your endeavors. :)

Good morning jariboo,

I am pleased to meet you. As this is a spot for introductions, meet us over at Keto, Anyone? II. I'll see you there.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Someone please explaom the diff between Atkins and Keto?

Both seem silly to me. We need both carbs and fats, just for different things.
  • KrittersGal
    KrittersGal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In Atkins it is low carb and hi protein and healthy fats, Keto does protein in moderation. Carbohydrate: 5-10%
    Fat: 60-75% Protein: 20-30% In keto you should be intaking minimum of 200grams of fat.
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options

;);););););););););););) This discussion has moved to Keto, Anyone? II. Join us there !!! ;););););););)
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options

I'm still not keto! I keep falling off that wagon! But I at least try to stay low carb and keep my calories below maintenance. It is NOT falling off the wagon if you have a carb loaded day and barely stop in time to prevent yourself from going over maintenance calories! It's a win to stay below it! Even if it's by a little. Once you realize this, you will start to lose weight. You don't have to be perfect. You don't have to eat at 1200..1400..1600.. you can eat 250 calories below maintenance and lose .5 a week. You can eat 1000 ABOVE MAINTENANCE and fix that error over the course of a week or month and NOT have fallen off the wagon. 3000 today is not a gain unless it's 3000 everyday.

Say your maintenance is 2450.
    You eat 3000, 1700, 2100, 2000, 1800, 1300, 1900.. 13,800 for the week. Looks bad.. but once you divide it by 7... 1,971.. Almost a pound lost that week. This is how I've been eating.. all kinds of sporadic.. I'm losing weight.
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

I'm still not keto! I keep falling off that wagon! But I at least try to stay low carb and keep my calories below maintenance. It is NOT falling off the wagon if you have a carb loaded day and barely stop in time to prevent yourself from going over maintenance calories! It's a win to stay below it! Even if it's by a little. Once you realize this, you will start to lose weight. You don't have to be perfect. You don't have to eat at 1200..1400..1600.. you can eat 250 calories below maintenance and lose .5 a week. You can eat 1000 ABOVE MAINTENANCE and fix that error over the course of a week or month and NOT have fallen off the wagon. 3000 today is not a gain unless it's 3000 everyday.

Say your maintenance is 2450.
    You eat 3000, 1700, 2100, 2000, 1800, 1300, 1900.. 13,800 for the week. Looks bad.. but once you divide it by 7... 1,971.. Almost a pound lost that week. This is how I've been eating.. all kinds of sporadic.. I'm losing weight.

Hey Glass,

The discussion moved to Keto, Anyone? II. They only wanted introductions here...please join us....
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I moved the discussion to General Diet & Weight Loss. The thread is "Keto, Anyone? II. Please meet us over there!!!
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
  • mhisamova
    mhisamova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there. Thank you for your post. it is so inspiring to me. I also have gallbladder removed, I have psoriasis and need to lose weight. I have high blood pressure and high blood sugar. I found out that I have good metabolism and that my enemy are carbs. :) So I found keto diet article. I am o my day 3 of keto. So far I love the food I eat. But have concern that it is to fatty for me and my digestion as gallblader is removed. Today I started experiencing keto flu. Hope I will have good results as you did.
  • jkintu
    jkintu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Thanks ever so much for sharing. I am new to Keto and this is so encouraging.
  • ikeandmike1212
    Options
    Total weight loss as of 1/19...50.4 lbs!!!!
    YAY!!!!
  • Klisajo
    Klisajo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting on Keto. Week 2 and 9 pds down.