Breakfast cereal

Options
2»

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do like Fiber One...I eat it almost daily in my yogurt. I also like Special K with blueberry clusters. Every once in a while, I get a hankerin' for Honey Nut Cheerios or chocolate chex for dessert.

Also one for Fiber one in my yogurt! Usually daily with dannon light and fit greek yogurt.

I'm hooked on Trader Joe's coconut at the moment, or Oikos Lemon Merengue or Key Lime!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of cereal, as it doesn't satiate me. I prefer eggs + toasted english muffin w/ PB2.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Cereal doesn't keep me full. Usually if I eat it I have it as a snack after dinner or on the weekends. It does not hold me until lunchtime on days that I work.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cereal anymore, but when I did I liked Fiber One bran cereal and Kashi Golean. Both options are high in fiber and protein.

https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/cold-cereal/kashi-golean-original-cereal

I'll second that, lately though I've been eating 1 serving of Kellogg's All-Bran Buds and a serving of Chocolate Frosted Mini Wheats. Although the Kashi golean flavors are really good. Both are high in fiber. I will use almond milk, and drink a protein shake with it. Keeps me going until late morning when I generally have a snack sized protein bar.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Weetabix, with sliced banana, skimmed milk and a yoghurt.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I prefer oatmeal over cereal since it seems to keep me full longer. You can add whatever add ins you like. Lots of people make cold overnight oats too.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't often eat cereal and when I do, it's usually as a snack at work (I don't like cereal with milk so I put a portion into a baggie and just nibble on it throughout the day). My favorites are Puffins, Quaker Oat Squares, Honey Oh's, and Honey Bunches of Oats.
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love how you're asking about cereal and some people are mentioning oatmeal .. like c'mon lol
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Trex5009 wrote: »
    I love how you're asking about cereal and some people are mentioning oatmeal .. like c'mon lol

@Trex5009

Because oats are a cereal.
    Why wouldn't you regard oats as a cereal (crop) or a breakfast cereal?

To answer the question - my favourite breakfast cereals are:
    Porridge made with organic rolled oats and hot milk (and a splash of evaporated milk)
    Granola
    Muesli

A huge bowl of granola with milk, vanilla protein powder and a banana is my long distance cycling breakfast.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Familia muesli in yogurt with blueberries. Steel-cut oatmeal with grated apple and cinnamon. And yes, oatmeal is cereal. Cereal grains are "any plant from the grass family that yields an edible grain, such as barley, corn, oats, rice, rye, wheat". Thank you, dictionary.com.
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Eggs
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What is a good for you breakfast cereal that will keep me full for a bit? Anybody have any favorites?

I don't know if it's a favorite, but last night I was intrigued enough with a hemp seed 'milk' to buy a box of it. If I were to use it on breakfast cereal it would provide the nutty taste of hemp seed along with a good balance of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. I use hemp seed in my breakfast smoothie. I believe that the taste and the fat and the protein contribution of the hemp seed to my smoothie help make the breakfast satisfying.
  • NikosEspada
    NikosEspada Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I personally like honey nut cheerios.

My suggestion is to try a bunch of different ones and see what you like. The best cereals are the ones you'll actually be eating - but remember to eat them in moderation as they're quite calorie dense.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Raisin Bran or Honey Nut Cheerios for me...
    2 cups of cereal with 1 cup 2% Fair Life milk...
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Cheerios with fresh fruit
    Grapenuts with raisens
    Oatmeal with raisens
    Shredded wheat
    Heart to heart

All with low-fat milk. And mid morning I still need a snack before lunch, especially if I did 5K with dog before work.