New To The Game

New and ready to work on the new me. In the process of a divorce, so figured now would be a food time to starts writing that next chapter. Have a lot of bad habits to fix, but with some good friends, good conversation, and a strong drink, I think it'll be a fun ride.

Replies

• elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Spot on brother. I feel for you and am sorry to hear about your divorce. The upside is that it's the PERFECT time to get in shape and get your health to where you want it to be because being alone you can focus on YOU. Plus, let's be honest, you're going back out on the "market". You want to be and look attractive. Guys who are in shape aren't just more physically attractive but they also show the women that you're a man in control of your life and have your s__t together. You're not some charity case looking for a mommy.

Sorry, I'm in rare form today. I was exactly where you're at now though. In the last few years of my previous marriage I couldn't stop eating, I couldn't stop smoking, I couldn't stop drinking to excess. 5 months after the b___h left I was 185lbs (at 6'4" and started at 265lbs), non-smoker, social drinker (2-3 beers a week vs. 2-3 cases a week).

Good luck man, you can totally do this and there's never been a better time! Friend me if you like. I'm kind of a jerk but a jerk with the best intentions for all my MFP friends :)