That dreaded plateau! Help!

I didn't think the plateau would happen to me but it did. I have lost about 138 pounds and it just keeping bouncing the same weight. I have tried changing things up and it helps a tad but looking for new ideas. What did you guys do when you hit your plateaus? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    First, how long has it been since you lost weight?

Second, are you weighing all your food and logging meticulously?

Third, have you gone through this handy dandy flowchart?

tvnz1ryhbdr8.jpg
  • Nony_Mouse
    Fourth, what things have you tried so far to get moving again?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Oh, fifth, how close are you to goal?
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Feeling it 203,202,203,203,202,204,203,202,202,202
    My god if I can't get off 202 what on earth is it going to be like at 199 :-)
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Curiosity....After someone loses that much weight their BMR drops and therefore neat burn drops significantly (@ 600 cals I think). Does MFP calculate that in and adjust the BMR and lower the calorie intake automatically? Otherwise, should we be adjusting it ourselves every 30 or 40 lbs?
  • Nony_Mouse
    dwilliamca wrote: »
    Curiosity....After someone loses that much weight their BMR drops and therefore neat burn drops significantly (@ 600 cals I think). Does MFP calculate that in and adjust the BMR and lower the calorie intake automatically? Otherwise, should we be adjusting it ourselves every 30 or 40 lbs?

Your NEAT is within your own control though. Move more. Also, drop in NEAT is highly variable between individuals. Watch the Lyle McDonald video someone else posted earlier, should be just a few posts down from this.