Late 40's and in recovery from injury. No excuses!!

Options
tgail10
tgail10 Posts: 16 Member
edited September 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I'm recovering from tendon damage in my left hand. I'm in my 12th week, with more weeks ahead of rehab on my hand. I've ate carefully, and I've only gained 5lbs, just sitting around these 3 months. I wasn't in great shape to begin with, but I feel soft now for sure. I'm not sure how my hand will recover, but I don't want my body to lose it's muscle mass too. No excuses!! So I need a plan!! It would be nice to find a fitness fam to help me with this goal and I'd love help them too!! :)

Replies

• francoisslabbert
    Options
    Well, you look great. Stay positive and motivated
  • VictoriaLWill
    VictoriaLWill Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also late 40s and gained 20 lbs after a foot surgery so ready now to get it off! I'll send you a friend request.
  • colleenmek
    colleenmek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I'm also in my late 40's. I had cubital tunnel release surgery on my left hand about three years ago; I know the recovery process after injury/surgery is a pain..literally and figuratively! I've been back on track for a few months as far as my diet and fitness go...my extra pounds are coming off, but slowly..so, so frustratingly slow....
    You got this!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had a really minor injury to my back which has caused me to take a week off. Nothing nearly as serious as a tendon injury, but I can sympathize with wanting to work out but not being able to do so. I hope you heal quickly and well.

Anyone should feel free to send a friend request. Always happy to have more friends.
  • tgail10
    tgail10 Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm excited to get back to walking and strength training, even if i have to get creative! so nice to see you all get it the struggle! <3<3<3 Not sure how to add friends yet! lol