Recipe app help?

Options
alwinter09
alwinter09 Posts: 25 Member
Hey everyone, quick question. I have been using the recipe portion of mfp but I don't feel like it really fits my needs. I am looking for an app that involves much more options than what this website has, and was wondering if any of you had any suggestions of any apps you use to organize your recipes? I am on the Android platform and I'm currently looking at an app called paprika. I am mostly needing an all inclusive app with pics, ingredients, prep steps, ability to create a shopping list and nutrition. Obviously i haven't found one that will sync to MFP but oh well.

Any personal suggestions would be great. Thx everyone!

A.L.

Replies

• behappy1957
    behappy1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you save the recipes. In email?
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    You can import recipes from other websites. Any page that has a recipe on it, so if you find the info you want on "insert favorite food webpage".com, copy the link and paste it in the recipes part of MFP. You sync up the ingredients and the "recipe" in MFP bookmarks the original webpage for you to go back and get the info off the original page.
    I just started throwing recipes into my recipe tab on here and go in each week and clean up any recipes that fall outside my calorie goals or edit the recipe on MFP to other ingredients to make it work.
    I don't do this on my phone though. I would recommend taking about 30 minutes periodically with a laptop or desktop to add/edit pages. Or take a couple hours and find a handful of recipes and add it all at once!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The "all inclusive app with pics, ingredients, prep steps, ability to create a shopping list and nutrition" you ask for implicitly includes every dish from every culture of every country of every generation of humanity.

That sounds like a bit much for any team of millions of food-savvy computer nerds to accomplish.

Would you be willing to startup an online resource which creates and monetizes such an incredible app, and while doing it links to some deep learning AI tools to filter out the dishes that individual users won't like?
  • littleannabell
    littleannabell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love paprika. Use it all of the time
  • alwinter09
    alwinter09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The recipes I save are directly from websites. I use the recipe creator on MFP; sometimes the recipe pulls over, sometimes it doesn't. Which is fine, I can't ask it to be perfect. But there's no place to put the cooking directions. If It DOES copy over and the link appears, a lot of time I have trouble following that same link back because either the blogger removed the recipe or the website no longer exists. So I end up with recipes and no idea on the steps.

Jerome, I'm not asking for a huge tool as it may sound. Paprika offers a lot of what I want. It's basically an online recipe book that you create. It's not the same as searching google for a specific recipe or recipe ideas. Mostly what I want it something that will work with MFP since it's not seeming like, even with the premium version, they update the recipes section of the site to fit what I need. It appears I will just have to use both and manually enter my intake on MFP.
  • absettarov
    absettarov Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like PepperPlate and Cozi, both have many of the features you are looking for
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any recipe app that syncs with myfitnesspal.
    Sparkpeople has Sparkrecipes which I believe sync together for logging but I am not sure about organizing and shopping lists.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Love paprika!