My plateau is physiological

Options
I'm the fat bloke who is suprisingly good at triathlon

I'm currently just under my race weight for my last ironman event :-) (lowest I've been for 4 years)
My last 10 weigh ins, 203,202,203,203,202,204,203,202,202,202
My god if I can't get off 202 what on earth is it going to be like at 199 :-)
It's physiological, I'm stopping myself getting to 200 because if I'm at 200 I might drop into 199, that's scary because that's a whole new world haven't been there since 2012/13 (175lbs)
This isn't a food or I can't lose weight plateau this is in the head plateau

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Maybe stop weighing in for a while?

Or take a diet break?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    For me, the idea of spending the rest of my life at over 200 lbs was a hell of a lot scarier.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Does your scale only weigh in whole pounds?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    I'm the fat bloke who is suprisingly good at triathlon

I'm currently just under my race weight for my last ironman event :-) (lowest I've been for 4 years)
    My last 10 weigh ins, 203,202,203,203,202,204,203,202,202,202
    My god if I can't get off 202 what on earth is it going to be like at 199 :-)
    It's physiological, I'm stopping myself getting to 200 because if I'm at 200 I might drop into 199, that's scary because that's a whole new world haven't been there since 2012/13 (175lbs)
    This isn't a food or I can't lose weight plateau this is in the head plateau

psychological
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I dunno.. I've been stuck at 230 for months and months. I never go over my allotment of 1560 per day. A husky 5'11 inch man. I will get down to 229 then bounce back to 232 - 233 but never any higher. Been doing this since like January of this year. I joined MFP May of 2016 and lost 51 pounds so far.... just odd that I quit losing!! No major complaints as I'm not gaining but I feel I must have found my maintenance level !!! since I don't lose anymore?? But I don't think I should lower my caloric intake any further. My point is, I know what's it's like to be stuck.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    physiological I think. (All in the head)

Thanks for pointing that out in a nice way much appreciated.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    physiological I think. (All in the head)

Thanks for pointing that out in a nice way much appreciated.

Physiological would be related to body functioning. Psychological is related to "in the head" (to use your terminology).

ETA: I'm sure there are times in the past where I felt that way and likely subconsciously undermined my progress. If you can figure out why you are afraid to get below 200, that might help you release that fear and keep moving. You obviously know what you are doing to lose the weight.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    @nutmegoreo thanks
    Flipping heck I couldn’t even get it right
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    @nutmegoreo thanks
    Flipping heck I couldn’t even get it right

Hey, if that's your biggest mistake, you are doing just fine! (that's what I keep telling myself when I'm doing things and mess up)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your and your body only needs to change one or two changes to move the scale down.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    I dunno.. I've been stuck at 230 for months and months. I never go over my allotment of 1560 per day. A husky 5'11 inch man. I will get down to 229 then bounce back to 232 - 233 but never any higher. Been doing this since like January of this year. I joined MFP May of 2016 and lost 51 pounds so far.... just odd that I quit losing!! No major complaints as I'm not gaining but I feel I must have found my maintenance level !!! since I don't lose anymore?? But I don't think I should lower my caloric intake any further. My point is, I know what's it's like to be stuck.

There is no way you stopped losing weight at 1560kcal a day. Something is wrong either with your logging/weighing or your body.