I eat well but not losing weight?

Options
I do weights circuit 3 times a week for 40 minutes, and then do cardio 5 days a week (less on weights day). My meals consist of 5 meals:
Chobani flavoured yogurt and homemade sugarfree muesli and banana.
Lean protein with salad
A snack (smoothie or protein)
More lean protein
Some low fat/low sugar yogurt.

All up i eat about 1300 calories a day. I dont want to lose weight, I want to keep my muscle tone but i want to lose my body fat so that there is no jiggle! I weight 60 kilos so I am not heavy, just have some extra fat in some places.
Been exercising for 6 months and changing my routine but still havent toned up those pesky areas!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    you probably want to:

A) Cut back on the cardio a bit
    B) Add heavy lifting
    C) Eat at TDEE-15 or 10% (the less of a deficit your in the more LBM you'll maintain)
    D) Focus on measurements and body fat % not what you weigh
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Same issue. Eating right, working out and gaining weight.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    you probably want to:

A) Cut back on the cardio a bit
    B) Add heavy lifting
    C) Eat at TDEE-15 or 10% (the less of a deficit your in the more LBM you'll maintain)
    D) Focus on measurements and body fat % not what you weigh
    ^ This, and to D) add "how you look in the mirror"

OP for the amount of work you are doing and the fact you don't want to lose weight, you are eating far to few calories
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you are only eating 1300 calories total, then your net calories would be way too low with all that exercise. Try hitting your calorie goal as your net calories (i.e., eating back exercise calories) if that is the case.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You're probably not fueling your body for those workouts. You need to eat back your exercise calories. You don't expect to be able to drive a car with no gas, right? It's the same concept with your body. 1200-1300 calories plus exercising is just not going to cut it. So eat more. Don't be scared of the calories.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Women are meant to jiggle. You don't want to end up looking stringy like the extreme gymn instructors look. If you are a healthy weight, keep up with the fitness. Do more than an hour a day. Take up a sport, like hiking on the weekends so that you are exercising constantly for hours, even days, at a time.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    $20 says OP isn't accurately counting / weighing their food either.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    to much protein is a bad thing! I've learned that recently. it puts strain on your liver and on your kidney's. try increasing complex carbs and decreasing protein. that helped me loose a little more weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Women are meant to jiggle. You don't want to end up looking stringy like the extreme gymn instructors look.

eeeer, what!?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    to much protein is a bad thing! I've learned that recently. it puts strain on your liver and on your kidney's. try increasing complex carbs and decreasing protein. that helped me loose a little more weight.

please can you quantify 'too much'....?
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you are only eating 1300 calories total, then your net calories would be way too low with all that exercise. Try hitting your calorie goal as your net calories (i.e., eating back exercise calories) if that is the case.

^This^
    I had the same issue... I started eating the majority of my calories including exercise and I finally after 5 weeks started losing weight! As odd as it may sound, your body will hold on to all that food if it thinks it's not going to get enough. My advice... eat more (good foods of course!)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I would like to echo this curiosity. Please, do share..
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you define eating well but a 21 year old female of 60 kgs doing that much exercise is not eating well at 1300 calories a day. You need to rethink your eating and you aren't going to build any muscle eating at a deficit. Getting a lower BF% isn't about just dieting fat off.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Women are meant to jiggle. You don't want to end up looking stringy like the extreme gymn instructors look.

Uh... people are meant to look how they want to look. That might be "stringy", ripped, soft curves, slender, thick, chubby, or whatever. Their goals are their goals.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Too much protein for a healthy person would be near enough 600g a day which most people would struggle to eat. I know someone who is happily eating 400g a day (he's training for strongman competitions).
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Too much protein for a healthy person would be near enough 600g a day which most people would struggle to eat. I know someone who is happily eating 400g a day (he's training for strongman competitions).

I have never known anyone who even tries to eat 600 g of protein a day....or 400.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

I have never known anyone who even tries to eat 600 g of protein a day....or 400.

As I say, this guy is training for strongman comps. I struggle to eat over 200g a day. It takes real planning to get that far and not get fed up of eating.

Here's one of his dinners:
    VaEdQk3r.jpg
    900g of chicken breast in curry sauce. :laugh:
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options

As I say, this guy is training for strongman comps. I struggle to eat over 200g a day. It takes real planning to get that far and not get fed up of eating.

Here's one of his dinners:
    VaEdQk3r.jpg
    900g of chicken breast in curry sauce. :laugh:

oh my god, I would puke!! hahahaha
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    This thread is so full of WTF I don't even know where to start. So, all I will say is: peanut butter sammich and a glass of milk.