In regards to loose skin

Options
aligazali3497
aligazali3497 Posts: 23 Member
edited September 2017 in Chit-Chat
It won't stop my journey but just curious.
Will I have loose skin after I lose ~20 lbs?
I'm currently 192, started at 230 during the start of the year (been taking weight loss very slowly and consistently however I'm speeding it up now).
Before I used to aim for .5/week weight loss in calorific deficit because I was worried about loose skin. (Mainly gave up on junk food and drinks the past 5 months which resulted to this weight loss as well as cardio and lifting)
Fast forward to a month ago, I've been aiming for 2lb/week and have been losing that much the past 4 weeks. Am I going too fast?
I don't feel any loose skin at the moment however im still overweight.
Currently-
5'8
Male

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    There are too many factors to predict whether or not you will have loose skin. If you are younger there's less of a chance. If you were overweight for a short period of time there is less of a chance. If you were not severely overweight for a long period of time there is less of a chance. My suggestion is don't worry about it, stay hydrated, lose the weight, and exfoliate every chance you get. You'll either have it or not, but what's the alternative? Stay overweight?
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    There are too many factors to predict whether or not you will have loose skin. If you are younger there's less of a chance. If you were overweight for a short period of time there is less of a chance. If you were not severely overweight for a long period of time there is less of a chance. My suggestion is don't worry about it, stay hydrated, lose the weight, and exfoliate every chance you get. You'll either have it or not, but what's the alternative? Stay overweight?

My words^ I was trying to think how to explain it

I think there's skin tightening exercises too. I saw it on Oprah like 10 years ago

But I wouldn't put much stock into it
  • aligazali3497
    aligazali3497 Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I'm 21, anyway you're right. No reason to stress about the inevitable, Thanks.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @abetterme9366 what did you experience when you dropped your 90 lbs so quickly? My journey wasn't as dramatic or quick so I didn't have an issue with skin.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    @abetterme9366 what did you experience when you dropped your 90 lbs so quickly? My journey wasn't as dramatic or quick so I didn't have an issue with skin.

Lost about 170lbs when I kicked your *kitten* of my friend list. Loose skin was worth it. @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks

I liked how we were able to make "ballon" animals out our loose skin together. So romantic.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options

Lost about 170lbs when I kicked your *kitten* of my friend list. Loose skin was worth it. @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks

I liked how we were able to make "ballon" animals out our loose skin together. So romantic.

We're adorable, ain't we?

We should have our own reality show. In it you would make sammiches for me all day.