Strong Curves - Calories Burned

Options
I think I have finally convinced myself to start Strong Curves today! But I am wondering how many calories I will be burning?

I am by no mean expecting to burn a lot, and I know it’s impossible to be too accurate, but I would like to get at least a rough idea. I do not have a HR monitor unfortunately.

For those who do have a HRM, would you mind sharing how many calories YOU burn doing Strong Curves? And also lost your weight & height? (I am 5’3” and around 114lbs).

Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    HRMs are worthless for strength training anyway so the fact you're not using one is good. Have you tried logging it under exercise? Under cardio search for strength training - assume the calories are high and maybe eat back half as it is nearly impossible to get an accurate count for strength training.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    HRMs are worthless for strength training anyway so the fact you're not using one is good. Have you tried logging it under exercise? Under cardio search for strength training - assume the calories are high and maybe eat back half as it is nearly impossible to get an accurate count for strength training.

Or just log it under Strength to track your progress, and don't even concern yourself with calories burned
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I had no idea HRMs weren’t supposed to be used for lifting, so good thing I don’t have one!