Not New, Just Re-motivated

Options
Hey all,
As the title says, I'm not new, but I have wedding coming up and I am determined to lose weight. The wedding is August 10th, 2018 and I really want to hit my first goal weight by then of 180. I am 25 years old and really needing to slim down. One of my biggest struggles is that I have hypothyroidism which has made it a struggle for me to lose weight in the past. Another hurdle I struggle with is that I have a desk job where I am seated anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. I try to get up and walk a little bit but its not nearly enough. The third hurdle is time. I work at least 40 hours a week and I am also going to college part time. My thyroid issues already do enough to make me exhausted and not want to do anything but adding on it lack of sleep and a busy work/school schedule makes it even worse.

But these are not going to be excuses anymore. These are just going to be hurdles and I will do whatever I need to in order to pass these hurdles. I need to lose weight, not just for my wedding, but also for my health. I am close to needing to take Cholesterol medicine and I have GERD. My immune system is pretty weak, even though I take vitamins. I figure exercising and eating healthier should help all of these issues.

I plan to be as active as I can on these boards so that I can have others going through what I am help motivate me. So please, feel free to respond and tell me about your journey. I am open to making friends who want others to motivate them.

Replies

• KrissyTyler
    KrissyTyler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also am re-motivating. Feeling very down lately and I need this app in my life! I'm a single mom to an 11yr old. She's my world.
  • Luvmybratdog
    Luvmybratdog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I have Hashimotos thyroid disorder and it makes weightloss and energy even that much more difficult. There are some really good videos on YouTube regarding ways to eat for the disorder to help. I found B12 has been helpful in general. Best of luck!
  • astonegirldancing
    Options
    Also re-motivating! I've been 60 lbs heavier than I was for years, due to an unhealthy relationship that turned into poor mental health & habits. Looking to get my body healthier as I am still my mind. PS: Love your username! :)
  • RainbowLube
    RainbowLube Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Miathesiamese:
    I wish I was only 60lbs heavier! Before my thyroid issues I was only 125lbs, I ended up gaining 50lbs in a month because my thyroid went all out of whack and its just been going up since! Also thanks, its been my name on things for a long while now, lol.

Good luck KrissyTyler and great job coming back! I already feel more accomplished knowing I'm going the extra steps of connecting with people on here because I really think it will help my motivation. Hopefully it helps yours too!

Luvmybratdog:
    Thanks for the advice! I did hear that increasing your B12 can help for people who have thyroid issues. I am actually planning on seeing an endocrinologist soon to get a better idea of whats going on with my body.
  • tmcbride1964
    tmcbride1964 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in as re-motivated. I can't count how many times I have done WW, 21 Day Fix, etc. Right now I am just going to exercise and count calories, but I just got back from a vacation and just sick about the pictures of me. I have a thyroid disorder and for 20 years it has been out of whack...they just can't figure out the right medicine, dosage, etc. for me. But I am 53 and this needs to happen!!
  • RainbowLube
    Options
    You got this tmcbride1964! Thyroid issues make it difficult but its just another hurdle, not an excuse! I've seen many success stories for women with thyroid issues lose weight. We're gonna be one of them!
  • ritabfitzgerald
    Options
    Hi everyone...I too am not new. Last year I lost 30 lbs, maintained for a bit, then gradually regained most of it. I am starting over using MFP and hope to find some buddies for support. I also have a desk job for 40 hrs a week. It is so unhealthy to sit all day. Then I am so tired after a long day of work followed by running errands, cooking dinner, etc I can't find the energy or motivation to exercise....I have my eating under control most days but need to get moving. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • RainbowLube
    Options
    Good luck ritabfitzgerald! I would suggest getting an exercising DVD or something that you can do in your spare time. I know when I first lost weight I was doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It didn't take too much time and it really showed results! My issue with doing that now is I don't have a good space in my house but I am working on that too! Lol.

Good luck on your journey! I keep it up!