Tired = lower heart rate?

Options
My heart rate stays pretty consistent day to day if comparing the same type of workout. But, every once and a while I just can't get it up even close to as high as usual. I noticed last night that I think it happens when I start out extra tired (as I was last night). Is this a normal response? Anyone else notice this?

Replies

• Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    And if not doing it yet - start getting some readings every morning for a baseline (might be too late now) - so you can tell if that fatigue is moving on into a cold or such and getting elevated HR in the morning.

That would be the one of the few benefits I'd see to a HR-based tracker, getting morning reading before alarm-clock-HR-freak-out happens. Usually I'm back to normal by the time the snooze alarm goes off so I can get a good one.

I am curious though - were you able to discern a change in intensity - because if it's fatigue - pace/speed/intensity should have dropped because of the tired system.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    The fitter you get, the less likely your Heart Rate will sit high all the time. Mine for instance sits around 40BPM all day.

When I exercise it peaks but when I don't I know it'll be there or thereabouts.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yup. Not being able to get your heart rate up is definitely a sign of fatigue. Make sure you are getting enough rest.