I eat too much

Options
This post is in part me admitting what my issue is, sharing my story and hopefully finding some others that share in the same struggles. And maybe encouraging someone else to also face the truth and make some changes.

Flat out, I eat too damn much.

I am currently at 169.8, in early 2015 I was at 152 and feeling awesome. I had another 7ish pounds to go but overall I felt great and liked how I looked -- at that point I had officially lost 33 pounds of the baby weight. I was working out so my bum was lifted, stomach was getting flatter, my legs looked better and then something happened. I don't even quite know what but I have gained a lot and I really dislike what I see in the mirror. I am struggling with a pinched nerve in my back so slowed way down on my workouts but am also using it as an excuse -- I can get out and walk, ride my bike, etc. I am sick of the excuses and let's face it, the majority of folks struggling with weight are just like me.

I overeat and I overeat pretty much on a daily basis. I am breaking that cycle starting today! I snack making dinner and then I eat seconds and sometimes thirds of dinner when I know I am not hungry.

My why is that I keep getting asked if I am expecting, even from my own kids who say it with a sweet innocence and excitement of wondering if they are going to have another baby brother or sister. My why is that I enjoy horseback riding and I know my weight affects my hobby and makes it harder on the horse. My why is I love hiking and struggle lately because I am carrying an extra load and am out of shape. My why is I want to stand naked in front of my husband without feeling like I need to suck in and cover up. My why is that I want to feel good and not weighed down all the time.

So there is my ramble. Best of luck to everyone! :)

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Good for you in putting it out there- I know how important that is for ME when I recognize I'm not being completely honest with myself.