Body changing but weight is sticking!

Options
ggh15
ggh15 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,
So I’ve been trying my fitness pal again for the last 3 weeks but I’m slightly confused about my results. My goal was not to lose loads of weight so I was expecting it to take a while for me to notice a difference but to me my body looks different. However, the scale is barely changing. Can anyone explain how there is just over 1lb difference in these two photos? I was under the impression to tone up your stomach, body fat had to be lost but according to the scale this isn’t happening even though it looks like it is.

Replies

• ggh15
    ggh15 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just an insight into how weight loss works would be amazing thanks!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure anyone's really going to be able to help with that photo comparison - one pound is a pretty small difference, and most people's weight varies by a pound or five over the course of the average day. If you eat at a deficit you will lose weight, but depending on your goals, it can take time.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is a really short time. The amount of water retention fluctuation you might expect from diet, exercise, and TOM issues exceeds the weight loss you'd expect from someone in your weight range, since you look pretty close to healthy weight. Half a pound a week is good progress and if it shows on your body isn't that a good thing? You look great!
  • gruffo
    gruffo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Have you been working out? You muscles look more defined. Either way keep up the good work
    :)