Need Advise from Certified Trainers, please. :)

Options
2»

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Again Thanks so much for the responses. Man I wish I could take some of you with me when I go. lol Hehe. That way you can tell me go there and go here. :laugh:

This is a big step for me and I so dont want to look like the new loser in the gym. :blushing:

Just keep in mind, the majority of gym goers have no idea what they're doing. Sure, many of them think they know... but given the advice in this thread and your proactive questions, you're already worlds ahead of most of them.

I would focus on you. Do you. Forget about what others might think of you there.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Again Thanks so much for the responses. Man I wish I could take some of you with me when I go. lol Hehe. That way you can tell me go there and go here. :laugh:

This is a big step for me and I so dont want to look like the new loser in the gym. :blushing:

Just keep in mind, the majority of gym goers have no idea what they're doing. Sure, many of them think they know... but given the advice in this thread and your proactive questions, you're already worlds ahead of most of them.

I would focus on you. Do you. Forget about what others might think of you there.

QFT...

...especially the bolded.
  • Fat422long
    Fat422long Posts: 29
    Options
    Man I wish you lived near me. I need someone who actually knows what they are talking about rather than trying to sell me to make big bucks. I'd like to add you.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Man I wish you lived near me. I need someone who actually knows what they are talking about rather than trying to sell me to make big bucks. I'd like to add you.

Well thanks.

Most of the big box trainers aren't making big bucks though. Yeah, you might be paying them 50-60 bucks for a single session, but the majority of that is going to the company and the trainers are getting a small cut of it. Hence the reason why that model is based on sales rather than quality training.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sum1s
    sum1s Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow some great information here! Thanks guys :)
  • momsgettinhealthy
    momsgettinhealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    In to follow the discussion - good stuff.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Geez I feel like I just walked into a locker room or something.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Really? When I'm in locker rooms all I see is muscle heads flexing in the mirror and insecure guys trying to escape without seeing some male parts.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Really? When I'm in locker rooms all I see is muscle heads flexing in the mirror and insecure guys trying to escape without seeing some male parts.

I was in a locker room once...

...and there was a guy in there totally naked.

True story.