60lbs down after back surgery!

Options
In 2016 I weighed in at 200 lbs. On my 5’4” frame it was destroying my body. That year I herniated 2 disks in my lower back and ended up needing surgery to stop nerve damage. My surgeon said that if I didn’t lose weight he would be seeing me again to operate on the other disk.

I was terrified! After physical therapy I cleaned up my diet and started counting calories on MFP. I wasn’t allowed to do high impact exercises so I starting swimming. The weight came off quickly at first. When I felt confident and strong enough I got a personal trainer that teaches me functional exercises that help my back. In a year I lost 60 lbs!

Now the gym is my sanctuary and playground. I have taken up inline skating as a hobby and am currently training for a skating marathon! The discipline and skill power I’ve learned over the last year has totally changed all parts of my life!yrbvp3vxhdgn.jpeg
pcgqe9s3dunk.jpeg
thg4awletuiz.jpeg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!