Dinner for one?

Options
smrybacki
smrybacki Posts: 78 Member
I'm in a situation where generally for 1-3 evenings per week I am on my own for dinner. Can anyone point to or cite any existing threads, web sites or recipes or other suggestions for nutritious dinners for one that are under 400 calories (or close to)?

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Taste of Home has tons of dinners for two recipes.

I have also found that sheet pan meals or suppers can be made for one buy adjusting the amounts of ingredients. I do sheet pan fajitas for one a lot. Slice one chicken breast, 1 bell pepper, 1 onion. drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Roast in the oven at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes. Works with sliced steak or shrimp too. Add the shrimp in the last few minutes so they do not over cook. I make rice and season with cilantro, lime zest and juice. Sometimes there are leftovers depending of the size of the ingredients. Any leftovers make a great lunch or are great in eggs the next morning. Here is a link to where I got the sheet pan idea. https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8Tc4ncJgI
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I would make enough on the other nights for leftovers when I'm by myself.
  • Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is the exact reason I took up meal prepping! The easiest way for me to manage this was to make several different meals that could be packaged up into portions and frozen. I take a few out of the freezer every few days as I need them so that they can be thawed out and ready to microwave for lunches and dinners. I've been doing this consistently for about a month now, and it's much more cost and calorie effective than any of the other methods I've tried in the past. I know this isn't a recipe, but if you run a quick google search for meal prep under 400 calories you'll find a bunch! since you'll be freezing some of these, try and stick with meat, veggies, and grains, that you would feel comfortable sticking in the microwave all together since most things that can't be microwaved can't be frozen well either.
  • smrybacki
    smrybacki Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies :smile: