Will this fit in my car?

Options
Possibly stupid question, I have a Nissan Rogue and I want to buy this from someone, will it come apart enough to fit in my car or would that be a huge pain in the butt?
59ydxv1k88hh.png

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell but you don't need to totally disassemble it. It looks like if you can separate the bench from the bar rest and potentially the curl pad from the bench, you might have a shot at getting it into the back of the car in two or three large pieces.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Hard to tell but you don't need to totally disassemble it. It looks like if you can separate the bench from the bar rest and potentially the curl pad from the bench, you might have a shot at getting it into the back of the car in two or three large pieces.

Thanks, I think the next time my husband says he wants a pick up truck, I'm gonna just tell him to go for it ;)
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've had stuff like that in my Edge. Just be careful when yo close the hatch that nothing is sticking past the end of the car, otherwise you'll shatter your rear glass.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I've had stuff like that in my Edge. Just be careful when yo close the hatch that nothing is sticking past the end of the car, otherwise you'll shatter your rear glass.

This X 10
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Thanks, I think the next time my husband says he wants a pick up truck, I'm gonna just tell him to go for it ;)

you want to spend 50,000+ dollars and interest on a vehicle you only use every once in a while for it's intended purpose? how does that even make sense?

Renting a vehicle is cheaper.

I could probably make that fit in my hatchback- just play Tetris and make sure nothing sticks out the back- or leave the glass up- flag anything sticking out.
  • Grimmerick
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

you want to spend 50,000+ dollars and interest on a vehicle you only use every once in a while for it's intended purpose? how does that even make sense?

I could probably make that fit in my hatchback- just play Tetris and make sure nothing sticks out the back- or leave the glass up- flag anything sticking out.

My husband is construction and switched from an office to a field job recently, he has a million things he could use the truck for, that's why he's been wanting one for a while now. Sooooo aahhhh yeah, I'm not that stupid or wasteful and I'm not sure why you would assume I was, but thanks for the other info anyway.

ps love the bellydancing photos
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Uber XL.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options

My husband is construction and switched from an office to a field job recently, he has a million things he could use the truck for, that's why he's been wanting one for a while now. Sooooo aahhhh yeah, I'm not that stupid or wasteful and I'm not sure why you would assume I was, but thanks for the other info anyway.

You didn't mention that earlier and she was trying to be helpful.
  • Grimmerick
    edited September 2017
    Options

You didn't mention that earlier and she was trying to be helpful.

I'm sure she was and that's why I'm not upset about it, and you really shouldn't be either.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Bring your own set of Allen wrenches incase that's what's holding the big parts together - and owner lost the one it might have come with.
    Besides couple adjustable wrenches in case needed.

You may desire taken apart for moving into room it's going to anyway, might as well take apart there.

It appears enough of the leg supports will come off to make it easy.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Bring your own set of Allen wrenches incase that's what's holding the big parts together - and owner lost the one it might have come with.
    Besides couple adjustable wrenches in case needed.

You may desire taken apart for moving into room it's going to anyway, might as well take apart there.

It appears enough of the leg supports will come off to make it easy.

smart thinking, Thanks!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I bought a similar one, I I had a truck so it wasnt a problem, the bar doesnt come apart, so that will be your biggest issue, but the rest may fit
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Bring a set of wrenches. The frame should come apart pretty easily (we just disassembled something similar so we could get it out of a second-story bedroom for my BF's dad), and you will probably be able to break down the bench. If you're in the US and if you're relatively close to the seller, Home Depot has good prices on very short-term pickup truck rentals (I think the last time we rented one it was like $20 for 75 minutes or something like that).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You could rent a truck from Home Depot. They are something like $20/hr.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    If you do take it apart, it may help to colour code the joints with some of those coloured sticky backed dots, we used tape on our camping awning, saves hassle.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    If you do take it apart, it may help to colour code the joints with some of those coloured sticky backed dots, we used tape on our camping awning, saves hassle.

brilliant!
  • Grimmerick
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, If it won't fit I will just borrow my bro's truck, I'll just have to wait a day to borrow it. But hopefully it will fit in the Rogue just fine (fingers crossed). I only mentioned buying a truck as an aside funny comment because it seems like lately we are always finding reasons to need one and here's one more. He's been talking about one for a while now to help with work too.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I own a 2002 Ford F250 long bed diesel. It's 1 of 5 vehicles that I own. Bought it originally to pull a trailer and haul a camper but now it just sits in front of my house until I need to use it. No substitute for it when I do.

Never would have been able to haul my power rack, GHD and the over 1/2 ton of plates, bars, racks, etc. back to my house w/o it. One of the best vehicle purchases that I ever made and I have no plans of ever selling it.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Silverado 4x4 HD...black...