Confused about Calories - Please HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try 1.900 and hope for the best. I'll be stuffed after eating 1,400 for the past month. Or maybe I just won't be so flippin' hungry. Thanks. It's worth a try. I just wanted to talk it out with people who were having success. I really don't want to pay for Weight Watchers again because I don't think it's necessary. I wasn't that physically active before i started that many years ago. My lifestyle is completely different now. I should be able to do this, if I just get my numbers correct.

Thanks again to everyone.

i am losing bodyfat on NET 1800 cals - i do insanity, so i eat around 2100 on days i workout. it is totally doable!

just keep of the scles for a few weeks and take pictures to measure progress instead
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    According to the diet guide included with Insanity the lowest level of caloric intake is 1700. I would go with that as a bare minimum, but since you did the TDEE method and got 2399, I would suggest subtracting 20% from that to get 1919, which is probably better than going with the 1700.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try 1.900 and hope for the best. I'll be stuffed after eating 1,400 for the past month.

You don't have to eat more food to get more calories. Just tossing that out there.

The difference is only 500 calories at this point. 1/4 cup (or 30g) of almonds is 190 calories already almost half of what you need. So, a handful of almonds twice a day. That's all you'd have to add.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm going to try 1.900 and hope for the best. I'll be stuffed after eating 1,400 for the past month.

You don't have to eat more food to get more calories. Just tossing that out there.

The difference is only 500 calories at this point. 1/4 cup (or 30g) of almonds is 190 calories already almost half of what you need. So, a handful of almonds twice a day. That's all you'd have to add.

Or you can also add cheese on top of foods or even an egg (love me some red meat with a fried egg on it). Or when cooking meats, cook them in olive oil. And if all else fails, just go to town on a peanut butter jar or some ice creams.
  • shadowfax12
    Options
    You probably weren't losing weight because your body was going into starvation mode which occurs when you net around 1200 or less calories a day. I don't even know how that's possible. Mine is set to 1580, but because i burn about 500 in exercise a day it's really a little over 2000 -500 for exercise which brings me back to my goal.