New Senior Citizen looking for encouragers

Options
Looking for friends to encourage and motivate me to my weight loss goal

Replies

• Skwhiting64
    Skwhiting64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Another new senior citizen. Have been using my medical condition as an excuse for weight gain over past 3 years. Was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis and was on large doses of Prednisone which made me eat like a pirahna. Now have it under control and am only taking 2.5 mg daily and still eating like crazy. Over the past several weeks have put on an additional 6 pounds reaching my all time high of 187. Am down to a handful of clothes that still fit and a closet full I can't even begin to get into.
    Happened onto My Fitness Pal while looking for an Android app for FitDay which I had used in the past. Downloaded this and was very pleased with it. Maybe being able to log my foods before they go in my mouth when eating out will be an incentive for moderation. Hope to lose 37 pounds by next summer.
  • Skwhiting64
    Skwhiting64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Pansyviolet,
    Looks like we have about the same goal in mind. Sometimes I think a 20-30 pound goal is harder than a 100 pound goal and people don't always understand that. I usually just keep my mouth shut when trying to lose weight because all I get is "Oh, you're just fine the way you are" or "You are tall and carry the extra weight so well". That just doesn't help when feeling miserable and having no clothes to wear. I don't really care about having a great figure (too old for that nonsense) but do want to be healthy and able to walk without getting out of breath.
    Good luck with your weight loss....am here to encourage and share tips and/or frustrations.
    skwhiting64
  • guamlite
    guamlite Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Pansyviolet & Skwhiting64,

Was reading your post this AM.
    Started MFP January 22, 2014 and was looking for some seniors who are aiming
    for a healthy quality life.

I'm the typical overweight, sedentary life, will do it later for sure, why be bother I'm old now, Senior.
    Well, I'm changing this attitude & looking for inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.