What I Ate Wednesday (again)

Options

Replies

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- coffee, stevia and creamer

Lunch- pre made meal.. turkey sausage scramble and a delicious ceasar salad kit.

Dinner- pre made meal... chicken enchilada and broccoli.

Snack- fun size snickers and fun size Twix.

And just ate a couple pepperoonis and a bite of my husbands supreme pizza. But at least I didn't make it two bites!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee; 1 soft boiled egg; cooked spinach; 100-calorie English muffin with sugar-free apricot preserves

Lunch: turkey and muenster cheese sandwich on Dave's Killer thin-sliced bread with lettuce, tomato, and pickles; strawberries; Dannon Light and Fit strawberry Greek yogurt; Jello sugar-free chocolate and vanilla swirls pudding cup

Pre-workout snack (planned): banana; Dannon Light and Fit toasted coconut vanilla Greek yogurt

Dinner (planned): chopped salad with cucumber, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, celery, radishes, Kalamata olives, fat free feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette; lemon pepper chicken with a side of cooked spinach

Dessert (planned): Halo Top pumpkin pie ice cream

(Total calories for the day will be about 1440.)

This is a nice looking menu. I'm stealing it. :p
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think this is fun, especially doing it just once a week.

Breakfast:
    black coffee, boiled egg, light Greek yogurt in salted caramel flavor

Lunch: veggie corn dog with mustard, pickle spear, homemade cinnamon vanilla sweet potato fries (baked), and a small smoothie made with banana, fresh pineapple, a little bit of unsweetened original almond milk and ice.

Dinner: it will be a tofu and veggie stir fry with brown rice. My husband will no doubt make some amazing spicy sauce to go with it. I think the vegetables we have at home for this are zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, mushrooms, carrots and onion.

I'm gonna bake almond biscotti tonight and probably have a piece of that with a cup of cinnamon or guayusa tea.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee; 1 soft boiled egg; cooked spinach; 100-calorie English muffin with sugar-free apricot preserves

Lunch: turkey and muenster cheese sandwich on Dave's Killer thin-sliced bread with lettuce, tomato, and pickles; strawberries; Dannon Light and Fit strawberry Greek yogurt; Jello sugar-free chocolate and vanilla swirls pudding cup

Pre-workout snack (planned): banana; Dannon Light and Fit toasted coconut vanilla Greek yogurt

Dinner (planned): chopped salad with cucumber, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, celery, radishes, Kalamata olives, fat free feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette; lemon pepper chicken with a side of cooked spinach

Dessert (planned): Halo Top pumpkin pie ice cream

(Total calories for the day will be about 1440.)

This is a nice looking menu. I'm stealing it. :p

Thank you! My diary is open, but I typically eat the same things each day because it's easier, and I'm not fond of cooking. (I've always been that way, so I already know it's a sustainable thing. The things that did me in, to the tune of 35 extra pounds, were portion control, a lack of exercise, my sweet tooth, and significant wine consumption on the weekends. And I quit smoking, too. Since I started addressing them all, I've been steadily losing a pound a week. I'm 15 pounds away from my goal at the moment, and I'm still a nonsmoker!)

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    You guys are great (and I have stolen so many meal ideas). Just sayin'.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »

If it's one you can share, I'd love to see your recipe for olive bread.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've never seen people so obsessed with food in my life. I don't care what you ate. Just eat it

Have a feeling this poster is gonna tuck tail and disappear from this post.....unless they're a troll......we'll know shortly.

OP sounds delicious when can I come by for dinner? I fast during the day so I haven't eaten yet. But I think it's gonna be scrambled eggs with onions, kidney beans, cheese and BBQ sauce wrapped in a corn tortilla.......I'm trying to get more protein these days.
  • frozenhands
    frozenhands Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: strawberries & a pineapple spear; chocolate chip granola bar
    Lunch: green pepper, cucumber, carrots, cauliflower, and black olives on a whole wheat tortilla with veggie cream cheese spread.
    Dinner: probably leftover chicken pot pie from last night.

If I'm a good girl the rest of the night at work maybe I can have two servings AND ice cream! WOO.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Oh, sure! I just make a standard quickbread and add all types of mix-ins -- this time it was olives and cheddar but another one I love is (grated, drained) zucchini, goat cheese, and olives!

BREAD BASE:
    1.75 cups flour
    2tsp baking powder
    1tsp salt
    3 eggs
    1/3cup milk
    1/3 cup olive oil or melted butter
    Optional mix-ins: 2oz crumbled or grated cheese, 1/2 cup chopped olives, ~1lb grated zucchini or carrot, minced garlic, spices or herbs (rosemary and sage are particularly good), dried fruit, etc.

Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together dry ingredients (including spices or garlic, if using). Lightly beat eggs, then whisk in other wet ingredients. Fold wet and dry mixtures together until just combined; then, fold in any mix-ins (for my olive bread I used 2oz of shredded sharp cheddar and half a cup of chopped kalamatas) until just combined. Pour into a well-greased loaf pan and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.

Oh, wow. It isn't even a yeast bread so it's fast. Thanks!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Tea
    Lunch: lentil soup with egg
    Dinner: Grilled fresh ham and veggies from the garden (parsnips, carrots, potatoes and peppers). And wine, of course.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Iced coffee with almond milk
    Lunch - Veggie loaded Salad, Chicken, Blueberries, Raspberries, Jello
    Snack - 2 squares of dark chocolate with almonds and a pack of Pea Crisps
    Dinner - Turkey taco bowl.

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sure!
    Breakfast: oikos chocolate Greek yogurt and coffee with cashew milk
    Snack: 1 serving of a frittata I made earlier this week
    Lunch: left over steak , green giant priced cauliflower mix
    Dinner : 6 oz pork chop and 3 oz of peas
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: asiago bagel with fat free cream cheese, coffee with almond milk

Lunch: curried eggplant, squash and chickpea stew with a little bit of lamb and chicken. 3 oz deli ham

Snack: fiber one brownie

Dinner: baked chicken thigh, mashed potatoes, green beans. 1 biscotti

Snack: sugar free lemon jello mixed with 0% fage yogurt and lite cool whip.

1450 calories
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: string cheese, sliced bell peppers, grape tomatoes, oatmeal cookie
    Lunch: sausage, bean, and cabbage soup
    Dinner: grilled chicken Parmesan with mozzarella and a serving of linguini and marinara sauce
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Oh, sure! I just make a standard quickbread and add all types of mix-ins -- this time it was olives and cheddar but another one I love is (grated, drained) zucchini, goat cheese, and olives!

BREAD BASE:
    1.75 cups flour
    2tsp baking powder
    1tsp salt
    3 eggs
    1/3cup milk
    1/3 cup olive oil or melted butter
    Optional mix-ins: 2oz crumbled or grated cheese, 1/2 cup chopped olives, ~1lb grated zucchini or carrot, minced garlic, spices or herbs (rosemary and sage are particularly good), dried fruit, etc.

Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together dry ingredients (including spices or garlic, if using). Lightly beat eggs, then whisk in other wet ingredients. Fold wet and dry mixtures together until just combined; then, fold in any mix-ins (for my olive bread I used 2oz of shredded sharp cheddar and half a cup of chopped kalamatas) until just combined. Pour into a well-greased loaf pan and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.

Oh man. I know what's going down at the Viking hus this weekend. Squeee!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'll play along...

Breakfast... 2 Nature Valley crunchy granola bars (while golfing)

Lunch...my broccoli pizza

Dinner...spaghetti, bread, salad

Snack...cheesecake

• katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Me too! Yesterday was:

Breakfast: avocado smoothie, brown bread with hummus on top, cuppa tea and an espresso
    Snack: lentil 'crisps', small serving of popcorn, light cream cheese with Ryvita
    Lunch: cheating because my partner and I met at a supermarket cafe: pre-made avocado, quinoa & feta salad
    Snack: homemade black bean brownies - we had the last of those yesterday, so I'll be making more soon!
    Dinner: mackerel pilau. OMG that was good.

Defo a healthy oils day for me yesterday. Explains why I don't have much of an appetite (by comparison) today...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: Cream cheese sandwich and a whole bunch of cucumbers.
    Lunch: a huge bowl of chicken and barley soup
    Snacks: apple, dates, grapes, and a boatload of tomatoes
    Planned dinner: simple oven pasta.

Nothing fancy today.

Edited:
    Oops! You said Wednesday. Here is what I had yesterday (a little bit more fancy):
    Breakfast: banana peanut butter oatmeal
    Lunch: buffalo chicken cauliflower soup
    Snacks: figs, 2 pieces Ferrero Rocher, a boatload of tomatoes
    Dinner: Salmon, oven fries, salad

Planned for tomorrow (I have 150 calories unplanned and any extra exercise calories go into snacks so I don't know what I will have yet in terms of snacks)

5afx0l9w3lt9.png
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    IF so only breakfast and early lunch/late lunch snack:

Breakfast:
    Toast w/peanut butter
    Ginger ale
    Coffee (black)
    1 pound baked chicken
    4 servings of veggies

Early lunch: