measuring veggies

Options
Hi everyone do you all track and measure your veggies?

Replies

• potatoyeti
    potatoyeti Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do to get a more accurate nutriet count.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    me too, my friends think I'm nuts for it
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I track them, but I don't measure them very well unless it's an avocado. I always weigh avocados. If I'm at home I'll toss frozen or fresh veggies in the measuring cup, but I don't weigh them.

Salads, I know how many cups cover one of my large plates or my small plate. I have already built the salad in the MFP recipe maker, so I either log two servings or one serving depending on the size of the plate.

I do measure my salad dressing and any add ins such as nuts or cheese or olives. Usually I use 1/8 of a cup of dressing for a big salad and I have a cup just for that purpose. I guess I could weigh the salad dressing, but I'm not that concerned.
    Fruit I just log by size, small medium large. I guess that isn't the best way to do it if you are really close to your goal and plateauing, but I don't worry about it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Yes. I eat hundreds of calories of them a day.... I log everything I eat!
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log all my fruit and veggies. Even lettuce, It's just a habit for me now. My digital food scale is always out.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Of course. Of it has calories (and veggies do) I log it.
  • desnyder210
    desnyder210 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh my veggies if it is a full serving of them or if they are part of my recipe or a full meal. If i'm putting a little lettuce on a sandwich then I don't.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Not as well as I should. I eat a lot of frozen veggies, and tend to eat a whole package at a meal, and use the published package information, which isn't the most accurate way.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Back when I was tracking, I would typically weigh the more calorie dense veggies accurately. For the rest (like lettuce, tomatoes, celery, cucumbers etc). I would weigh them once to get a feel for how much I typically eat, then use that amount.. always. Yea I guess I wasn't the most accurate logger, I hated that scale.. haha...but shmeh, worked for me.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    yes if only for the fibre content and net carbs
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    In recipes, yes. Starchy vegetables and fatty fruits, yes. The rest of the time, I do mostly, but if I'm hungry and just want to grab something to tide me over, I'll take a handful of cherry tomatoes or a chunk of English cuke without logging.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    me too, my friends think I'm nuts for it

Me too, but I don't have any friends so it's ok.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I do because even though I'm not really paying attention to macros yet, I still like to have an idea of where I'm at. Also, I don't have a big deficit so every calorie counts (so to speak).
  • nicoleeatsplants
    nicoleeatsplants Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I log them for reference but as a vegan, I myself eat as many veggies as I want, I don't think a couple extra pieces of broccoli will tip the scale very much
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yep, not just for the calories but I like the credit in fiber and micronutrients