Almond Flour? Coconut flour? Whole wheat flour?

Options
2»

Replies

• zoltanmcc
    zoltanmcc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi not really an answer to the flour situation but I make my pancakes with just banana and egg, mash together make great pancakes and don't have to worry about which flour...good luck
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I like coconut flour just cuz of the taste and flakiness to it
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the comments. I didn't think about the fiber part of these flours. This deduction from the carbs makes sense to me in regards to what I want to accomplish. Also, I have never heard of green banana flour! I'm going to look into thisnfliur and experiment. My goal is to lose 10 pounds.

I eat very little baked/grain foods when I'm in a deficit - for me, they aren't satisfying enough to warrant the calories. Swaps and alternative ingredients in recipes generally bring crap results - id rather no brownie than a "low cal protein brownie". Urgh.

That doesn't mean you can't eat baked goods and lose weight - just fit them in to your calorie goal.

Yes! If I want a brownie, I want a brownie, not a "healthy" approximation of one. Now that said, sometimes I want the approximation too. I am not a sweets person at all (truly could take or leave any brownie) but same thing for pasta. When I am wanting pasta, I want pasta, not zucchini or spaghetti squash made to look like pasta. The texture and flavor just isn't right. But, I offen crave the zucchini or spaghetti squash "pasta" too.

All that said, I would use the flour that gives you the texture and taste that you want in whatever recipe and fit portion size according to your personal numbers.

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »
    When I bake I don't see much of a caloric advantage in the flours but I do cut the sugar and oil in the baked goods and save that way. I use stevia/sugar combo. We put way too much sugar in. I also use unsweetened applesauce or yogurt or banana in place of oil or butter. in the recipe. Believe it or not, I can make a 120 calorie baked apple fritter and a 200 cal cinnamon roll.

I miss eating an apple fritter now and then. Would you please share your apple fritter recipe? Thanks.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Love almond flour cause it already tastes like dessert as soon as you start!