August 2013 "Life's New Journey Challenge"

Options
Everyone's Invited!!!!! flowerforyou

A New Month A New Challenge!!!

MFP and the support that I receive from perfect stranger (that I now call my friends), has played a key role in my success to losing the weight. A year and a half ago I decided it was time to get healthy. I wanted to be around to torment my children like they have tormented me for 23 years (they are the lights of my life), be around to spoil my grandchildren (don't have any yet), and most of all to enjoy life.

To help accomplish that, I started a challenge group whereby you entered your weight, your personal goals, and your personal challenges on a weekly basis (Fridays) into a spreadsheet. From the spread sheet winners were calculated on a weekly and monthly basis. It is a friendly competition but more than that it is a support group that helps with your struggles and celebrates your successes along with your own personal accountability.

I've had "Life's New Journey Challenges" monthly since October 2011 and would like to invite everyone to join us for the August Challenge. First weigh-in would be August 2nd and every Friday after that. There will also be daily food and exercise mini challenges posted on the home page for anyone that is interested in that kind of thing.

If you are interested just reply here or send me a message and I will send you the spreadsheet with instructions and August 2nd things get rolling.

I Look forward to sharing your "Life's New Journey"

Keep Smiling smile wink

Replies

• YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    keep me in there! I know my weight hasn't been dropping but being part of it helps make me accountable!
  • bluekadoo02
    Options
    I like the sounds of this. I think I would like to try it. Sign me up! :-)

-Katie
  • serafin366
    serafin366 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This sounds exciting, I can't wait to participate and meet new people, friends, and supporters while getting healthy!
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I would like to join!! :)
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I am in! I need something like this to keep me going. I have been using MFP since Nov. 2012 but got off of it for a while due to "life" getting in the way but I am getting back into it cause I want to be able to be a healthy and fit wife and mom for my family. Looking forward to being held accountable. Thanks so much! :flowerforyou:
  • EmilyM_1986
    Options
    Hi, this sounds like a lovely idea please count me in :flowerforyou:
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Joined in June and loving it. Has helped me lose and stay positive :flowerforyou:
  • rosielko
    rosielko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    In again...I love this..thanks Donna :flowerforyou:
  • Bommy_7
    Bommy_7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. July was a tough month I am hoping for good results this month!:-)
  • purplekty
    purplekty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Always include me!!

You keep me motivated and on point when I want to give up!!!

Thank you!! :heart:
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Please keep me in, Donna. I love your daily challenges and most of all your quotes! I haven't been overly successful, but today is a new day. Thanks for all you do. :flowerforyou:
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna. Please keep me in. I haven't been too successful, but I enjoy being part of a group. I have a feeling that I will do well this month!
    Thank you for doing these challenges!
    Linda
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Keep me in please! I may be the slowest loser in the bunch - but when I look at a 6 month graph it is trending downward! Can't ask for more than that!
    MAJ
  • bobwest185
    bobwest185 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would like to participate. Thanks for including me.
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Keep me in Donna! It keeps me focused and working towards my goal! Thanks for all you do!
  • PeggyR66
    PeggyR66 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello! This sounds awesome! Please put me in. Thanks!!
  • TardisMom
    TardisMom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, ma'am, please!:flowerforyou:
  • beckyjwebb
    Options
    Please include me. I am trying to maintain a 34 lb weight loss.
  • Determinedgirl02
    Options
    Please include me! I joined MFP awhile ago, but haven't been able to stick with it. Maybe a challenge like this is what I need. Thanks!:smile: