How Do I stop yo yo dieting?

Options
So my fellow myfitnesspal buddies I need your guys honest advice.First of my height is 5’6 and I’m 124.6 pounds.My goal weight is 115 pounds (Please DONT say Im already a healthy Weight I don’t need to go there.) For the past year I have been trying to lose those last ten pounds by doing workouts such as (Insanity max 30, Focus t25 , fitnessblender) and I eat 1250 calories a day.I do lose weight but once I eat out with my friends as a cheat meal I gain all the weight back upto 124.6 pounds. I don’t know what to do.How can I lose those last ten pounds without creating a havoc in my metobolism.I came from 155 pounds to 124 by the way.

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    How often are your cheat meals? Personally, I don't believe in those. Some people do. It's very possible that is what is keeping you from reaching your goal weight.

You can absolutely go out with your friends and have fun without over eating. Try smaller portions when going out for a while and see if that makes a difference.

Do you use a food scale and log all your food intake here?
  • Minaz95
    Minaz95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was also 115lbs, in high school. We all grow up. I wouldn't have the goal weight of 110lbs, which is the size I was in grade 11 because I'm not a teenager anymore. College didn't hit you, you turned into a grown up, with a grown up's body. If you still want a child's body, you need to go talk to someone about it.

Your talking about high school hun.I literally started college like an three semesters ago FYI.Im sure my body didn’t change from a child’s body to a grown up body in three semesters (that’s about an year).I do remember being a woman during that time hmmmmmmm....
  • Minaz95
    Options
    I didn’t start this discussion in hopes of people gunning me and diagnosing me with an eating disorder.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yep, it happens that fast.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You are right. People on the internet should not try to diagnose eating disorders. HOWEVER, I do encourage you to schedule a physical if you haven't had one in a while and run your goal weight by your doctor.

How many calories are you eating on in your cheat meals? I can't imagine a 10lb gain in one meal.

When someone who is thin already is trying to get thinner progress is going to be, and should be very slow. I think you are aiming too low for calories and that's why you go overboard on your cheat meals.

I'd set your goal to losing a half pound a week, make sure your activity is set right (probably not "sedentary") and then use the app to see if your are averaging up to that goal including your cheat meals. For example, my goal is 2000 calories a day. I eat closer to 1800 on week days and 2500 a couple of days a week (usually Fridays and Saturdays). I end up with an average of 2000. Your progress will be slow, and you'll need to be pretty good on tracking accuracy.

Also, you are in college, stick to light beer and or diet drinks with hard alcohol.
  • fveekaye
    fveekaye Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular part of your body that is different when you're at 115 lbs? I'm just trying to understand why you feel you need to be at that weight.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    A poster said to drink hard liquor with diet soda - I have read that you can get drunker faster with that combo.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I yo-yo dieted most of my 20's. The key for me to stopping the cycle was of all things to stop dieting. Once I stopped crazy restrictions and doing crash diets the weight loss started coming off and staying off. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but it really is the key to lasting change for me.
  • Minaz95
    Options
    belleflop wrote: »
    I yo-yo dieted most of my 20's. The key for me to stopping the cycle was of all things to stop dieting. Once I stopped crazy restrictions and doing crash diets the weight loss started coming off and staying off. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but it really is the key to lasting change for me.
    Please give me more details . I appreciate it.