Tips for most of you.

Options
I see most of you asking the questions, "I can't seem to lose weight on a 1,200 or whatever calorie diet" or "I'm stuck in a plateau". Most of you are stuck or can't lose because you are NOT weighing and measuring your food! To get a precise count for calories you need to weigh and measure. If you don't, you're going to overeat and then become discouraged because you haven't lost anything. Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. How do you know if you have a calorie deficit if you are not weighing and properly measuring? That's my tip for you, take or leave it.

Replies

• pjrabone
    pjrabone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for that. I had forgotten! Weighing my food was always how I did so well. THIS time my plan is for life. I have lost a total of 32 kg since my heaviest of d few years ago. 115kg. Now 83. My lifetime goal is 78-79kg. This last few kg is the hardest. Now I will go back to.weighing my food. THANKYOU FOR REMINDING ME
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To expand on PP's post - my bet is that it's the people who already knows about and practices weighing who will read your thread. I think many of us have an ingrained dislike of user manuals, so the stickies are only occasionally read. Even when pointed to. "Why am I not losing weight" will come up many times per day, every day, for eternity. Frustrating, but nothing we can do about it.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You both are entirely right. I mean if this helps one person realize that they're doing something wrong then that's fantastic if it doesn't then I guess oh well. Lol this is the post that can answer atleast like 5 questions on the first page of the forum of weight loss so if they read this, great!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    This is not the only reason for not losing weight. Another major one is water weight. My weight was stuck for 6 weeks until my last period. I lost 5lbs in the last 3 days after literally NO loss for 6 weeks. 5lbs are A LOT for me cos I weigh 135lbs and are not a normal fluctuation for me. I made the deficit for these 5 lbs during 6 whole weeks getting frustrated like hell from the scale. But it only came off yesterday.
    I was consistent because I've been doing this for 18 months and trust the physics.
    But people get discouraged easily because they don't know that weight fluctuates. And water can mask loss for a VERY long time especially if they are lifting.