Cheat day

bellexx729
bellexx729 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2017 in Challenges
I just ate and ungodly amount for dinner and dessert tonight. I went out to eat and definitely treated myself. However, I ate a total of at least 2,700 calories today. How bad is a 2,700 calorie cheat day. I’m a 5’8 female who weighs 139.
Edit:
I should add the last time I ate fast food or at a restaurant was over a month ago! But still I feel so guilty and fat now.

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2017
    There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. Maintenance for a lightly active woman your size is about 2200 calories / day. So if you ate 2700 calories for a week, you would gain one pound of fat.

You may see a temporary scale gain due to water, waste retention, sodium, and glycogen replenishment. However it's physically impossible for you to gain any significant amount from one day of eating 500 cal over maintenance. Deep breath, eat 100 cals less or exercise 100 cals more over the next few days if you want to, and it's all good. Most of all, don't feel guilty for enjoying yourself! You deserve to enjoy your life.
  • Fife24
    Fife24 Posts: 117 Member
    For me, that’s the only way this works for the long term—to have a complete blowout meal, or even a whole day, and then get back on it the next meal/day. No need to shame yourself! The key is not to let it be a slide, and don’t let it defeat you!! You’ve got this!!
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    as mentioned above, chill out... get back on track and eat slightly less the next few days or fit in a high intense workout or go a longish walk and you will be sorted.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    bellexx729 wrote: »
    I just ate and ungodly amount for dinner and dessert tonight. I went out to eat and definitely treated myself. However, I ate a total of at least 2,700 calories today. How bad is a 2,700 calorie cheat day. I’m a 5’8 female who weighs 139.
    Edit:
    I should add the last time I ate fast food or at a restaurant was over a month ago! But still I feel so guilty and fat now.

how 'bad' the meal was depends on your maintenance calories?