Gained a bit as of yesterday, not much...half a pound, which today became a little more...

Options
Gained a bit as of yesterday, not much...half a pound, which today became a little more...
I am up .8. LOL Most of you will say, what?! Thats not much! True, but since I have 140 pounds to lose, any poundage going in the wrong direction gets my attention. :) I don't think I am where I need to be in my food choices yet. However, I forgive myself. LOL Yeah, I forgive myself. This is my life and I did the best I could do yesterday, and the day before. Maybe I didn't do the BEST I COULD DO...but, I did the best I could do then. Today is a new day. New choices. New mercies. New insight. This is my life. God is helping me whether I feel Him or not. He is always there.. I move (exercise) how I can work it in today. I work with the foods I have and believe that I will make better choices. I ask Him to help me remember to get all my glasses of water in daily (1/2 my weight in ounces - which I have NOT gotten in for the last 2 days). And I know I need to watch my sodium. I think I eat too many carbs. Not according to the "goal setter" here on My Fitness Pal...but maybe if I want to lose weight I need to cut more.

A new thing presented itself to me yesterday in a video from Dr. Don Colbert. He has a new book out called The Keto Zone Diet. Sounded really good. I think I will purchase this and read how to better choose food that will place me in that fat burning zone. The products seem expensive, but if they last a long time and are only used to get the weight off and not as a permanent part of my life, maybe it will be worth it. After all I did pay the $400.00 to do the 20/30 Fast Track Program. Took 75 pounds off with that! My downfall there was in my emotions and how I react to things. God is working with me on this issue which has been a problem all my life. But I have a new life today. I am new today, and I will be new tomorrow. Begin again.

* "His mercies are new to me every morning."
* "Joy comes in the morning, weeping only lasts for the night,"
* "This one thing I do, forgetting that which is behind, and looking forward to that which is ahead, I press toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
* "The God of all hope fills me with joy and peace as I trust in Him, by the power of the Holy Spirit within me."
* "I trust in the Lord with all of my heart and I don't lean to my own understanding. In all my ways I acknowledge Him and He IS directing my paths."

You may think I am taking this to an extreme over .8 of a pound. But I know me. I need God's Word living in me to put me over. And I have found that speaking God's Word out loud helps me beyond my understanding. I just know it does, I have proved it.

I am smiling, and ready to Begin Again.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuations - its not a steady downward linear process
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You do not need to cut carbs to lose weight. You do not need to drink more water to lose weight. Dr. Don Colbert is a quack. He's been featured on Dr. Oz (quack quack quack), his websites are all about selling supplements, his clinic website talks about chiropractic, mentions chiropractic, something called “Multi-Dimensional Brainwave Therapy” and “Emotox – Allergy Testing” which uses a “cold laser” to treat allergies.

He's also recently gotten into trouble for buying affiliate links.. basically screwing with google search results to seem more popular/valid.

Your downfall is that you're paying money for Get Thin Quick scams. Have you tried calorie counting using the tools on this site? No carb limiting, no blaming emotions, just science.
  • KrittersGal
    KrittersGal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you want great info on Keto look up Stephanie Person she does live stream and will answer questions she has been in strict ketosis for 10 years. Women is 50 and looks 30 she is amazing!