Not-so-success Story. In Need of Tips.

Options

Replies

• parvina
    parvina Posts: 28
    Options
    Is it being saved regardless?

Yes

Oh... that I didn't know. That's a good news.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Cut out the wheat for a week, see how you do, then reintroduce it.

Same with cow dairy. Don't have any cow dairy for a week, then reintroduce it.

Same with the eggs.

If you find that your energy returns when you don't eat something, but the fatigue returns when you do, food sensitivities may be the culprit.

However, you say the doctors tested you for everything, but did they only do blood work to check on your thyroid? Blood work for thyroid problems is inconclusive for many thyroid diseases, (most notably Hashimotos Thyroiditis). I know because I was misdiagnosed for 6 years before a smart doctor did a Fine Needle Aspiration, (and believe me those are no fun), but it did correctly diagnose me. Another myth with thyroid is that problems only show up in middle age. NOT TRUE! Get a second opinion, go for a third. You have to be your own health advocate and demand proper treatment and diagnosis.

Also, do you have a holistic center near that can also test you for food sensitivities, toxins, and parasites? These should all be checked by normal doctor and holistic health practitioner. Again, it's helped me tremendously.

Until you get a solution, I suggest sublingual B complex and B12. Gives you energy and doesn't hurt you. Helps get rid of the fog.

Eat 5 meals a day instead of 3. Always eat a little protein when you have a carb. Don't eat eggs every day, every other day. Choose turkey burger over hamburger, and leaner proteins. Weigh and log your food and take you food log report it into your doctor's and holistic health provider. Give them a hard copy and be ready to discuss what's going on.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Another problem of mine is that I can't force myself to go to doctors anymore. I've spent insane money on those just to hear it from them that I'm stressed and/or I must be underestimating how much I eat even in my reports.

I realize it that a lot of people do that and doctors prefer to see everyone like that, I often feel I'm doing the same, but my boyfriend is striving to prove the opposite. He thinks I eat too little and have a pretty anorexic mind-set, but hello... I'm too fat to be anorexic!

So in the end my visits to the doctors end the same... I strive to cut down more.

Sometimes I think I do not know what a normal portion of food is anymore...

Personally, I don't think you need a doctor, I think you need a therapist. Too fat to be anorexic? For real??
  • ahavoc
    Options
    Not for everyone. I have food sensitivities and these kill me.
  • Tykk
    Tykk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Eating the same thing every day at the same time is not good for your body.
    Neither is doing the same exercise day in and day out.
    Mix it up.

Eat more protein.
    Yogart, eggs, cheese, beef, chicken, fish.

Yogurt and cheese are fatty, fruit yogurt contains too much sugars. Cottage cheese I ate for too long and now I can't even look at it anymore.
    There's a lot of recent evidence that dietary fat isn't nearly as bad as we all used to think...
  • ahavoc
    Options
    If you don't know what a proper portion is, then you need to use a scale.

12 ounces of protein a day. Split it up how you can.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I looked at what you ate every day and it was like you were in prison! Get some spice in there, even if it's just cinnamon or pepper, that can help tweak your metabolism. Put a little cinnamon and sugar (not much just a sprinkle) on your toast.

As for yogurt and cheese being fatty -- it's OK, you need fat in your diet. If you want less animal fat, then try nuts. Are you drinking tea/coffee with cream and sugar? How's your caffeine intake?

Are you drinking at least glasses of water a day? Are your periods normal? (Water retention and hormonal factors can screw with your metabolism, too.) Is your weight centered in your middle?

Good luck! Change up your diet a little when you can.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Yep, i don't feel stressed either, but apparently my body does lol...there's a difference, that means your cortisol has kicked in.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I realize it that a lot of people do that and doctors prefer to see everyone like that, I often feel I'm doing the same, but my boyfriend is striving to prove the opposite. He thinks I eat too little and have a pretty anorexic mind-set, but hello... I'm too fat to be anorexic!

So in the end my visits to the doctors end the same... I strive to cut down more.

I think in pounds and inches, so correct me if I am wrong. You are 5 feet 3 inches, and weigh around 143 pounds. That is not fat by any means. I am also 5'3" and my current weight is 153. Now I know I can stand to lose some weight, and I am uncertain what your final goal for yourself is but one thing I have learned in this life is that the people we love see what we often can not see. If your boyfriend is concerned about your eating habits, you have no energy to function during the day, and pretty much said that you do not eat a great variety of foods or all the nutrients that you need - You may have an eating problem that you are turning a blind eye too. My tip would be the same as everybody elses - Start tracking what you eat and your exercise. And maybe listen to your boyfriend.
  • parvina
    Options
    However, you say the doctors tested you for everything, but did they only do blood work to check on your thyroid? Blood work for thyroid problems is inconclusive for many thyroid diseases, (most notably Hashimotos Thyroiditis). I know because I was misdiagnosed for 6 years before a smart doctor did a Fine Needle Aspiration, (and believe me those are no fun), but it did correctly diagnose me. Another myth with thyroid is that problems only show up in middle age. NOT TRUE! Get a second opinion, go for a third. You have to be your own health advocate and demand proper treatment and diagnosis.

Blood tests only... and doctor congratulated me on being one in a thousand, because my thyroid is absolutely perfect.
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Start with tracking what you are currently doing and currently eating for at least two weeks and you will have a lot more data to work with. Without this information it is hard to give you suggestions on what you might change.
  • parvina
    Options
    Eating the same thing every day at the same time is not good for your body.
    Neither is doing the same exercise day in and day out.
    Mix it up.

Eat more protein.
    Yogart, eggs, cheese, beef, chicken, fish.

Yogurt and cheese are fatty, fruit yogurt contains too much sugars. Cottage cheese I ate for too long and now I can't even look at it anymore.
    There's a lot of recent evidence that dietary fat isn't nearly as bad as we all used to think...

They keep on changing their minds about products too often...
  • parvina
    Options
    Yeah, I looked at what you ate every day and it was like you were in prison! Get some spice in there, even if it's just cinnamon or pepper, that can help tweak your metabolism. Put a little cinnamon and sugar (not much just a sprinkle) on your toast.

As for yogurt and cheese being fatty -- it's OK, you need fat in your diet. If you want less animal fat, then try nuts. Are you drinking tea/coffee with cream and sugar? How's your caffeine intake?

Are you drinking at least glasses of water a day? Are your periods normal? (Water retention and hormonal factors can screw with your metabolism, too.) Is your weight centered in your middle?

Good luck! Change up your diet a little when you can.

I drink around 3 cups of french-pressed coffee a day (no cream no sugar).

I drink over 3 lt of water daily, but still seem to be slightly dehydrated, according to the checks.

My periods used to be normal, but they started getting weird 2 months ago.

Yes, my mid-section is the biggest.
  • ahavoc
    Options

I drink over 3 lt of water daily, but still seem to be slightly dehydrated, according to the checks.

Well, could you be pregnant?
  • parvina
    Options

I think in pounds and inches, so correct me if I am wrong. You are 5 feet 3 inches, and weigh around 143 pounds. That is not fat by any means. I am also 5'3" and my current weight is 153. Now I know I can stand to lose some weight, and I am uncertain what your final goal for yourself is but one thing I have learned in this life is that the people we love see what we often can not see. If your boyfriend is concerned about your eating habits, you have no energy to function during the day, and pretty much said that you do not eat a great variety of foods or all the nutrients that you need - You may have an eating problem that you are turning a blind eye too. My tip would be the same as everybody elses - Start tracking what you eat and your exercise. And maybe listen to your boyfriend.

Well, whenever I get a body scan on those body fat machines, they yell that I'm overweight... so...

As for my weight goal, I just want to get back to my 59 kg (130 lbs) so that I once again like myself in the mirror.

Believe me, I'm listening to my boyfriend and try to eat every 2-3 hours, but when I start eating more, my weight goes up and I can't stand that. I know I should stick to it for a while to see some positive result, but I keep on failing. Apart from that with how much I sleep these days, I can hardly find time to eat more than 4 meals a day (if I eat at night as well).
  • parvina
    Options

Well, could you be pregnant?

For 12 months now? Hardly...
  • _useyourwords_
    Options
    First off, I would say to open your mind to the advice that others are giving you.

Secondly, I have to agree with everyone else who has said that you aren't eating enough. Even if you only eat 800 calories a day, your body will be trying desperately to hold onto whatever fat you have. It'll think you're starving to death...which you probably are. Eat at least 1200 calories a day PLUS whatever you've burned while exercising and you'll start to lose.

Try it for a month and then report back to us.
  • parvina
    Options
    First off, I would say to open your mind to the advice that others are giving you.

Secondly, I have to agree with everyone else who has said that you aren't eating enough. Even if you only eat 800 calories a day, your body will be trying desperately to hold onto whatever fat you have. It'll think you're starving to death...which you probably are. Eat at least 1200 calories a day PLUS whatever you've burned while exercising and you'll start to lose.

I'll do my best... but may I blame you all if I gain more?
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    With the drop in your normal blood pressure you may have something similar to postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. In this disease, your blood pressure drops and your pulse increases to compensate. The net result is to be very tired as this is exhausting. When I was first diagnosed with POTS I was sleeping close to 23 hrs a day and was very deconditioned. Through blood pressure medicines to RAISE my blood pressure and a gentle exercise program I have reduced my sleep to around 14 hrs a day and am in much better shape. Your doctor may not know about this disease - mine didn't - but it is worth checking out. Also, as others have said, I would suggest more variety in what you eat and possibly taking a multivitamin until you are getting more nutrients from your diet.
  • _useyourwords_
    Options

I'll do my best... but may I blame you all if I gain more?

Haha! Yes, blame me if you gain more. Seriously, though. Try it for a month. Don't jump on the scale in a week and give up. You can do this and you'll feel a lot better! Good luck!!!!