Scale

Options
rickiimarieee
rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a kitchen scale and it's not digital but I was wondering if I should buy a digital one. Are they more reliable? I'm afraid when it's off weight I won't know. Price doesn't matter, just wanna know if it's more reliable or not!

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Digital ones are cheap <$10. You might as well.
  • mygoalsss
    mygoalsss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as it isnt a super out dated scale and you can read it you should be fine but there are very cheap digital scale you can buy if you dont mind spending the money
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I prefer the digital ones! I got a cheap one at target for about $10 last year and it's been so worth it
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    It's not the price I'm worried about at all, it's just is it more reliable than a nondigital scale? I know sometimes they're off weight so how do you know when it is?
  • mygoalsss
    mygoalsss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's not the price I'm worried about at all, it's just is it more reliable than a nondigital scale? I know sometimes they're off weight so how do you know when it is?

There is no difference the digital just displays it on a screen
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Yeah I'll just go buy one!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    mygoalsss wrote: »

There is no difference the digital just displays it on a screen

For precision, you're correct, for accuracy, with a digital scale, there' no need to manually re-tare.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Automatic tare alone makes it worth it (well, automatic with a button press, that is).
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I bought a scale. The cheapest one I could find (Walmart) was 20$ but it was well worth it! My other scale was definitely wrong!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Enjoy! ☺