New/ Hashimoto

Options
Hi! Seeking advice. I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto disease. Gained 50 lbs in 3 months before the doctor realized they misdiagnosed it 2 years ago. I'm vegetarian, for a couple of years now, and love cardio when my hypo doesn't act up. No negative comments. Any suggestion is great.

Replies

• quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Please stop. The only reason you have gained weight is that you are eating more than you need on a daily basis. Eat at a deficit and you will lose weight. It is that simple. Asanchgo, you are beautiful and you can do it!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's as well. I have been able to lose weight but only after my condition was under control. I went years with testing before properly diagnosed and gained a lot in the process. Are you on medication? Are your hormone levels being regulated?

I take a vitamin B complex and Selenium which have helped me in addition to a low dose of levothroxyne.

I do have to eat a little less than what the calculators and MFP estimate for me (about 200 less than what the site gave me to lose 0.5lb to see a loss) and have found that the more active I am the better I feel and easier it is to lose weight. Also weigh and track super carefully and pay attention to any foods that may cause bloating. I do best limiting refined carbs and eating high fat but you might be different.