New/ Hashimoto

Options
Hi! Seeking advice. I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto disease. Gained 50 lbs in 3 months before the doctor realized they misdiagnosed it 2 years ago. I'm vegetarian, for a couple of years now, and love cardio when my hypo doesn't act up. No negative comments. Any suggestion is great.

Replies

• LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't know a lot about Hasimoto, but I'm sure if you do a search there are quite a few people on here with the disease that are losing weight (I've seen it mentioned here in the message boards quite a few times) They would be the folks to add to your friends list because they would know the most about it and would probably have a lot of experience to offer in losing weight. There might be techniques that work best with that disease that they could share with you that your doctor might not even know.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    has your doctor put you on any thyroid meds? once your levels are stabilized and optimized, then losing weight should be no difficult that someone without thyroid issues

re diet: there is no scientifically validated/proven diet that will help with thyroid symptoms - some people report low carb works for them, I was Dx with Hashi's before having my thyroid removed and I do 300+g a day with no issues