Weight loss

Options
Has anyone ever tried any other type of diet and how long did you last for?
I've tried pills and crazy and expensive diets and lasted probably 2 weeks to a month on them. I lasted counting calories for almost 3 months so far! I've lost 23 pounds! How long have you been on MFP and how much have you lost? What's your goal?
This is purely for fun, I don't encourage any fad diets.

Replies

• quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm here losing my last 30 pounds (again). MFP needs more positive people like you to encourage us, keep it coming.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I did the South Beach Diet for about a month and a half maybe 2 months about 10 years ago. I lost about 20 lbs and was visibly smaller but it didn't last because the portions were too small. I've been able to stick to counting calories and it's easy to jump back on the wagon when you fall off.

South Beach was basically a keto diet without counting calories.
  • astreblow16
    astreblow16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've done the 28 day reset by Blogilates and lasted almost the whole time and lost about 15lbs! I just couldn't find enough things to eat but it was fun and I was amazed of how I felt! Look into it!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I tried YOLI I don't know if any of you know what that is, but it's basically vitamins and meal replacement shakes. Total rip off, I paid 300 dollars for one month. It just came with powder for the shakes and the vitamins it wasn't even meals. But I lost I think 2 pounds on that before I gave it up. I gave it up mostly because I found out after trying for months that I was pregnant! But counting calories has definitely been the easiest weight loss plan I've ever done!