Everything is Easier

Options

Replies

• sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear a bathing suit and not have to cover myslef up. And also, I notice a difference in the way people look at me now.
  • Xineoph
    Xineoph Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Number one for me has got to be better recovery times after exercise.
    Twelve months ago if I walked an hour I would need a week to ease the soreness out of my body. These days I aim to walk 2 hours a day, three when my schedule allows me time and opportunity. Work days I walk to my job and take the long way in, drawiing the usual 30 mins it takes out to an hour or 90 min. . . and repeat that on the way home.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Walking! so much easier now with even the little I've lost
    Riding the Harley..... without my butt hanging off the back :noway: :embarassed:
    Standing for any length of time without my knees talking back to me
    SHOPPING FOR REGULAR SIZE CLOTHES!
    Having my picture taken without hiding behind someone
    Dancing with my husband :heart:
    Cuddling with my husband :heart: :heart:
    Being able to tolerate the heat better, without the rashes!
    Sleeping better
    Exercise!

Just a few, I'm sure there are many more!
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I hope that clothes shopping is much easier--and less depressing! I also hope that I will feel less insecure about my looks, and as I weigh less and get more in shape, I am able to actually run a mile without stopping for the first time ever!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    getting pregnant
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I love this thread!

What will be easier?

Not feeling like I am going to pass out and die walking up steps or in sand.
    My happy blood and body because my blood pressure will be normal and no diabetes
    My happy limbs as they won't be falling off from disease

Being treated better. I don't like being ignored, treated like poo, and discriminated just for being fat.

Clothes shopping! Oh yeah! Being able to shop in all the posh boutiques and they will actually have my size.

Never again being asked where the plus sized section of the store is!

Stamina for marathon shopping in Hong kong, NYC, Milan.

Being able to wear high heels again. My feet ache and swell up like sausages if I wear them now.

If I have to fly coach somewhere, no dirty looks cause they had to sit next to the fat lady.

No stretch pants! EVER!

Having more energy and a clear mind which is important in my business.

Not being afraid to ride a horse or climb up on something.

I want to try sea kayaking but I'm afraid of getting stuck.

Living healthier for my family!

Looking hot and sexy for my husband!
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING is easier, everything you can possibly think of is easier.

EVERYTHING? Even winning a Fat-Person Contest?

. . . or getting a job as Santa?
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    EVERYTHING is easier, everything you can possibly think of is easier.

EVERYTHING? Even winning a Fat-Person Contest?

. . . or getting a job as Santa?

Okay this made me laugh lol.
  • cthouin
    cthouin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was being able to get up off of the couch like a ninja warrior instead of struggling. :)
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Putting on tennis shoes and tying them without having to hold my breath!

^^ THIS :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "thin"...but most things are easier when you're fit...and being lean is gravy...I have zero interested in being "skinny" or "thin". One of my wife's friends is very thin...she can't really do anything more or less physical than a fat person can because she's just thin...she has no muscle or anything like that.
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think I get buzzed faster. Which I don't understand as I'd think my metabolism would be faster not slower, but there it is.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The thing that made me decide to start losing weight......getting in the car and leaning over to close the door without having to HEAVE myself to reach it.
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Putting on tennis shoes and tying them without having to hold my breath!

^^ THIS

And if I dropped something in the floorboard of the car, it was such a struggle to bend over and get it. That's such a silly little thing that I took for granted when I was thin...and two years after losing my first 60lbs, I still get giddy when I can just bend over and grab it.

and..
    Standing for any length of time without my knees talking back to me

I used to dread when there were no chairs and people started talking. I couldn't concentrate on what was being said because I knew I'd be paying for that conversation for a week.

Also...

Not cringing when a camera comes out and looking for something/someone to hide behind.

Not dreading the car sinking down when you sit in it, especially if everyone else is thin...

Clothes shopping of course.

The stupid stretchy pants. I love finding pants that fit, and knowing I can put them on, and they'll fit. And an hour later (gasp) they will STILL fit.

Pretty bras...and ones that I could not cut up and make curtains out of if I wanted...the pretty ones when you're fat have enough material to be a tablecloth...I always felt like I was wearing some kind of gaudy birthday cake.

These things are already accomplishments...

I still want to...

Not feel the need for shaping garments

PLAY WITH MY KIDS and not be wheezing and needing to sit down after a few minutes

RUN...and not have to sit for a week with my knee....or be out of breath after 30 seconds.

Be able to stand in front of people, and believe they're seeing me, not my fat.

Wear a bathing suit. Without darting into the pool.

Walk into the bedroom naked. With the lights on.
  • alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thigh chafe!
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    No where near my gw but I can now do my job better. I've been an attendant on a bus for 18 years. The beginning of the year is usually so hard after a few months of sitting on the couch. This year I'm up and down with each kid at each school with no difficulty at all. AWESOME! I'm not winded! I'm not aching all over at the end of the day. My knees never hurt any more. I hadn't really realized all this til I started reading this post.

Cool shoes! I can't wait til cool shoes. Now I have to wear tennis shoes all the time.

Swirly skirts. I love swirly skirts. I'm going to wear them. YES I am!

Helping my daughter with the grandson. He's a chunk and I get tired holding him.

Eating smaller amounts and being satisfied. My friend who lost 80 pounds ENJOYS her food put in small amounts.

Making my dh smile cause I look good. Can't wait!

Inspiring others like my daughters. Showing them you can do anything if you stay with it.

Running all out. This is silly but I want my ponytail to swing back and forth like I see on other runners.

Going to the Y and not feeling either invisible or huge.

Being comfortable in a swimsuit.

Showing my mil that people can lose weight and stay thin. (She really is a sweetie).

Giving my Mom who I do love no reason to mention my weight like the other day even though I've lost 22 pounds.

Feeling good physically. Energy, Freedom of movement

Being free to dance at church without being self conscious.

Being taken seriously. Sometimes I'm not now.

Shinning. I've come to accept and love myself. I feel good about me right now. I'm a pretty, awesome person. But I am not seen that way by others.

Great questions!!!
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    Make that Great question!!! lol
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "thin"...but most things are easier when you're fit...and being lean is gravy...I have zero interested in being "skinny" or "thin". One of my wife's friends is very thin...she can't really do anything more or less physical than a fat person can because she's just thin...she has no muscle or anything like that.

This definitely. There are a lot of things that are easier when you carry less weight but there are soooooo many more that are easier again when you are fit and strong.

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.” Mark Rippetoe
  • Xineoph
    Xineoph Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feeling the bounce come back into my step when I walk. Increased agility.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yes, is it ever. I find less puffing and huffing when trying to get done anything, also I can squeeze in and out of my car better if I park too tightly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!