_pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Well this is enlightening.... who eats cereal :#

I haven't in years
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have not read the responses, so this is a response to the OP. This is an interesting topic. For the boxed cereals which float, such as Rice Krispies, milk first is an excellent solution to the problem of cereal overflow. For the cereals which don't float, such as Frosted Flakes and Grape Nuts, it seems to offer no advantage. Personally, I put in my floating Cocoa Roos first and add my 4 oz kefir second, then mix well to coat all the roos with kefir and distribute the loose, powdery cocoa. I don't use enough kefir to cause the overflow problem.

When my dad was a soldier taking the Grand Tour of Europe after June, 1944, he was for a time billeted in a Dutch farmer's barn. His mother sent him a Care package which included a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes. Dad didn't speak Dutch and the Dutch farmer's wife didn't speak English, but she seemed to understand that dad wanted to have the corn flakes for breakfast. Next morning, he excitedly rose and went to the kitchen door, hoping to have a taste of home. The farmer's wife proudly presented him his bowl of piping hot boiled corn flakes.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Cereal first and soy milk poured over it.

Yogurt first and cereal on top.

Only very grown-up cereal:

giphy.gif

For coffee at home, I pour the (pumpkin spice) cream in the cup before the coffee.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I think the bigger question would be ...

Who adds more cereal when they have extra milk in the bowl ?
    ( guilty )

I used to until the whole portion control/logging calories thing since then there'd be too much cereal so would have to add more milk....then more cereal...and so on. :)

But, yeah, cereal first.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Cereal first.
    1. Because I have always done it that way. The only memory I have of someone pouring cereal into milk in a bowl was my brother after finishing his first serving of cereal. He would continue to dump cereal in until the milk was gone.
    2. Because I am weighing cereal and I can put excess dry cereal back in the box. If it has milk on it that isn't an option. I guess I could use a different container to weigh out my cereal portion into but it seems kind of stupid.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Cereal first. Maybe they pour milk first to keep the cereal from getting soggy? I'd pour mine into a mountain shape, pour the milk just in one spot on the side and eat from the bottom so that the cereal stayed maximum crunchy throughout.
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Milk first.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Cereal first. Maybe they pour milk first to keep the cereal from getting soggy? I'd pour mine into a mountain shape, pour the milk just in one spot on the side and eat from the bottom so that the cereal stayed maximum crunchy throughout.

you're a raisin bran person arent you

No actually! When I was still eating gluten, chocolate or blueberry mini wheats was my overall favorite. Now I'm an oatmeal girl and there are plenty of raisins and banana in that.