Post Baby!

Options
I just had my first baby. I gained 40 pounds and am trying to lose all of my baby weight. Any friend invites or advice would be wonderful!

Replies

• avablissed
    avablissed Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me!

I have three children, the youngest is 6 months old. I don't know how long ago you gave birth but my first advice is to take it slow. Get used to your new normal and heal from birth. Remember if you are nursing you need a fre extra calories to make all that milk too! Becoming a Mom is damn hard work!

Otherwise I recommend meal prepping. That is the only way I can eat right. If not I get tired and hungry so I stand in the kitchen wondering what to eat and end up eating too much or the wrong stuff. This way I can pull a premade meal out and I'm done!
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ill send you a friend request :) Ive had 3 babies. My last one just turned one in June. I gained 43lbs with her and so far Ive lost 59lbs with another 16lbs to go! My advice for now is to take your time recovering and bonding. Your body just went through a lot and Im sure you aren't getting a huge amount of consistent sleep! Slowly take baby steps in cutting down your calories and moving more but be patient with yourself. It took 9 months to gain the weight, there is nothing wrong with taking the same amount of time to lose it. I personally think slow and consistent progress is more enjoyable and realistic for long term results than trying to focus on losing it all as quick as possible.
  • kimberleywalsh29
    kimberleywalsh29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys. 14, 9 and 2 months. I gained 45lbs with this baby and still have 25lbs to go. I am eating better but not getting a lot. Of exercise and am feeling a little unmotivated. Feel free to add. ☺