Body shape isn't changing

Options
Hi everyone, i'm new to MFP.
Today i would like to ask you guys something.
I'm 20 years old. My height is 199 CM, and my weight now is 124 KG which was 141KG on February this year.
So i have lost 17 KG but my body shape isn't changing i don't see any difference in my belly area, so is that normal?
And if you guys can tell me about any exercises that will make me lose belly fat it'd be perfect.
Thank you

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Weight loss is so gradual that you aren't likely to notice some changes.
  • kayla25mfp
    kayla25mfp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight evenly you might not see the gradual difference. If you measure your tummy you'll be able to tell that it is getting smaller. As it was stated, you can't choose where the weight comes off, but if you keep losing then your tummy will shrink with the rest of you.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Take measurements every 2-4 weeks and be patient. I've been loosing weight very gradually all over my body, so I really didn't notice any changes until I'd lost maybe 25 pounds, then all of the sudden it was like some switch flipped in my head and I could really see the difference. Weight loss alone won't necessarily do much to change your body shape other than making you smaller.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Pictures are the best way to see your changes in my opinion as well as measurements because even if you feel your shape isn't changing the measurements should confirm to you that you're shrinking.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Pictures are the best way to see your changes in my opinion as well as measurements because even if you feel your shape isn't changing the measurements should confirm to you that you're shrinking.

This.

I also found that the first 20-30lbs didn't make a whole lot of difference to what I saw in the mirror, but as I've got smaller the losses are more noticeable. It seems like the most recent 10lbs made a bigger difference than the first 30!
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My body shape isn't changing but shirking in size. 15 pounds down. I can see a difference and my husband says he can too. Plus measurements don't lie. My waist and hips are loosing the same a different and keeping the same percentage apart (if that makes sense) So while I am not noticing a different shape I am noticing a different size.

I have always had big calves and found it uncomfortable to wear knee high boots. This morning I though my calves seemed smaller and put on my knee high boots they were super tight. maybe all my walking is finally working. I love my shape I just want it to be smaller all over. At least 30 more puns to go!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    OP are you doing any sort of strength training to maintain your muscle?