Shedding those last pesky 15 pounds

Options
After several years of serious health issues, I've been healthy again for the last two years. I was able to lose 25 pounds right away, but these last 15 pounds have persistently stayed. Now I'm determined to get rid of those too.

Replies

• cfayebell
    cfayebell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I too, have that same struggle. I used to blame on being 50 and a metabolism that's gone on vacation. You find something that works let me know
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    When you get down to the last pounds, you need to tighten up your logging as you have far less margin for error.

@cfayebell there are plenty of over 50's who lose weight successfully (check out the success board :smile:)

a7zr5oer7zdo.jpg
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight will be more of a range than a specific number, as your weight fluctuates daily. But if you tighten up your logging, weigh everything you eat, and log liquids (if they have calories), sprinkle in some patience, and you'll get there.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My plan is to mindlessly lose a set number of pounds, it'll put me somewhere in the 'healthy' BMI range. Once there, I'll fanatically maintain the number for several month, up to a year. At that point, I'll reevaluate and pinpoint an actual goal target weight. My thinking was Which will be more accurate, coming up with a goal weight that is 30% different then my current weight. Or coming up with a goal weight that is 3% different then my current weight.