Help with losing belly fat

Options
Hi, I have been on 2500 cals a day with carbs at 25%, Protein 40% and Fats 35% but haven't really felt Im losing weight around the belly. Thinking of reducing my cals intake to 2300. My main question is could it be that I'm consuming too many fats in one meal as I just made a chicken salad and it has about 59g of fat in due to mayo and avocado ? I train at the gym 5 days a week doing high intensity work with weights and running. Also weekends I sometimes have a few beers !

Replies

• shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you're losing belly fat has little to do with diet and more to do with genetics. You really just need to keep focusing on body fat loss and eventually your body will get there
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of fats for satiation, so in a way, eating more fat actually *helps* me lose weight because I feel more full and don't eat as much (I also enjoy a few beers!). It varies from person to person, but bottom line is that eating too many calories is what causes weight gain, not eating too much of any particular thing. Belly fat is often very stubborn and there's just no way to target it for loss.