brwneyes71
brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

4 servings, about 1 cup each

Active Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients
8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head; see Tip)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Preparation
1.Preheat oven to 450°F.
2.Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Tips & Notes
Tip: To prepare florets from a whole head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding a knife at a 45° angle, slice into the smaller stems with a circular motion—removing a “plug” from the center of the head. Break or cut florets into the desired size.
Nutrition
Per serving: 149 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 364 mg sodium; 490 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Folate (22% dv), Fiber (16% dv), Calcium (15% dv)

1/2 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/balsamic_parmesan_roasted_cauliflower.html

Replies

• dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Thank you, that sounds delicious and is low carb which I go by. I will definately be trying your recipe, and making it often. Thanks again! God bless you.
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Bump
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    thanks, i've written it down and will be making this soon.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Sounds really good, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.