Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Does anyone eat/drink chia seeds? And how do you think they help you?

I'm reading up on chia seeds, would like real people's opinions please. As opposed to internet hype

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I like trying new foods. Chia, once soaked, are loaded with soluble fiber. I include them, no more than a tablespoon at a time, in overnight oats and in my oatmeal.

Last time hubby asked me not to add weird stuff to my morning oats.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I used to have Chia pudding on a meal plan for comp prep. They have the texture of boogers. Pretty flavourless and a rubbish source of fats imo.

I wouldn't choose to eat them any more
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I love chia pudding, it is quite filling. I alternate between chia and ground flaxseed, i prefer the nutty flavour of the flax in smoothies and yogurt, chia seeds have no taste.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    I eat them as chia seed pudding. I add flax milk, a little stevia or sweetener a few teaspoons of cocoa powder. Then some sliced strawberries on top. I like the texture as long as the ratio is right and it's a good delivery system for chocolate, besides just eating chocolate! The way I make it it's not boogery, that means you have too much chia and not enough milk.

I also add them to overnight oats. I don't really notice them in there, and they add a bit of fibre and I like the texture better than normal overnight oats for some reason.

I'm not really sure about the health benefits. If you like it you like it. I know there is a lot of fiber, and it keeps me full for awhile.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I eat them as chia seed pudding. I add flax milk, a little stevia or sweetener a few teaspoons of cocoa powder. Then some sliced strawberries on top. I like the texture as long as the ratio is right and it's a good delivery system for chocolate, besides just eating chocolate! The way I make it it's not boogery, that means you have too much chia and not enough milk.

I also add them to overnight oats. I don't really notice them in there, and they add a bit of fibre and I like the texture better than normal overnight oats for some reason.

I'm not really sure about the health benefits. If you like it you like it. I know there is a lot of fiber, and it keeps me full for awhile.

Or a runny nose :D
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I like chia pudding okay, but for the fats and flavor, I'd rather eat flax.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    love them
    They really help 'bulk' recipes (like pancakes, etc.,) and really fill you up.
    If you don't 'like' the texture, you can always grind the seeds and use like a 'flour', etc.,
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    They help keep my smoothies thick and help me feel full! I think they're kinda fun to slurp.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I put 10 grams of chia seeds on my pizza.
    I put 1 ounce of chia in my bread loaf.