I don't know what to do for my 30th? Suggestions?

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    have a 1930's themed party - especially if you throw it yourself and only have a small group of friends and family...encourage them to dress 30's and you can go shopping at thrift stores to find appropriate outfits...find out what common food were made for entertaining and how to make them...the planning alone could eat up the next couple weeks and you will learn all kinds of cool stuff...plus, you are bound to have a party no one will forget, and a small guest list is easier to deal with for food anyway...it kinda sets you up for all the other decade birthdays to come too...
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Buy yourself a burberry jacket or chanel earrings.

Do you have any suggestions for people that don't have thousands to spend on junk?
    They aren’t that pricey. They are very common with young women around here.

Well not everyone has $600 to drop on a jacket. If she did she could fly to see her friends.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Don't know what town you live in, but you could bar hop, go to a show, find a hole in the wall restaurant you've never been to, buy a cucumber at 3am, get your *kitten* waxed, eat chicken nuggets by the river, stay up all night and fall asleep somewhere besides your bed.

This is my perfect day!
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Go to Ikea and hide until the store closes

I like this idea.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

Do you have any suggestions for people that don't have thousands to spend on junk?
    They aren’t that pricey. They are very common with young women around here.

kandi-side-eye.gif
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Take it as an opportunity to do something new or meet new people.
    Sign up for a class. Join a group. Invite over some acquaintances or neighbors and get to know them better. Volunteer somewhere. Go some place you have never been. Go to a show or festival. Do something you have put off doing.

Be nostalgic. Do something you liked when you were a kid. Go to a favorite childhood place. Call up old friends. Watch old movies. Recreate old photos.

Enjoy a special day with your mother. She won't be around forever. Do something more adult together. Have a photoshoot together.
  • Meeva87
    Meeva87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Go with your mom to a strip club !

v4tkuf8xkdjm.gif

Hahaha love it! Not sure their are any near me but boy would my mum get a surprise; 'Hey mum, theirs a show on later tonight, fancy seeing it?' :D:D:D
  • Meeva87
    Options
    Don't know what town you live in, but you could bar hop, go to a show, find a hole in the wall restaurant you've never been to, buy a cucumber at 3am, get your *kitten* waxed, eat chicken nuggets by the river, stay up all night and fall asleep somewhere besides your bed.

I'll definitely be staying up late that night!
  • Meeva87
    Options
    I spent my 30th drinking whiskey and going tobogganing. Then I went to McDonalds and ate everything. It was the best birthday yet. Aside from my 19th when I became legal.

Sorry I'm no help.

That sounds fun haha! Definitely a good idea! :)
  • Meeva87
    Options

If I had that kind of money, I might haha! Broke :D
  • Meeva87
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I hate making plans personally. On every one of my birthdays I just do what I want (as best I can). I wait 'till the day and then decide...I like to do what I feel like. It's actually not special because this is what I do on most of my days off too!

Guess I'm not much help, except I think you should do whatever you want to that day (that you are able to do)

Treat yourself well! And have a happy birthday!

No, I agree, I think I'll build myself up and then not make my mind up until the actual morning of my birthday :)
  • Meeva87
    Options
    I cried when I turned 30. That's always an option.

That will definitely be included in my day lol! :)
  • Meeva87
    Options
    I went horseback riding for the first time on my 30th.

That sounds wonderful, definitely different but better different.
  • Meeva87
    Options
    I went skiing for my 30th, but then my birthday is mid winter.
    If it was summer I'd go into the mountains for hiking... so basically hit the mountains escape the world.
    My friend for her 30th went to a live impromptu comedy show, another went on a wine tasting tour... Do something you enjoy it does not have to involve lots of people.

That sounded great! Mine is in winter too, well Autumn, but I'll think of something closer the day :)